Subject: [PRESS RELEASE]: Damron Road Atlas
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:13:05 +0000

***The following press release is provided by the Damron Company as a
service to journalists and publications serving the lesbian, gay,
bisexual, and transgender communities. If you do not wish to receive our
occasional mailings (4-5 times a year), kindly let us know, and we will
remove you from our media list. Thank you!***

___________________
DAMRON DOES EUROPE: 
NEW DAMRON ROAD ATLAS FEATURES EUROPEAN DESTINATIONS

For almost 34 years, gay and lesbian travelers have depended on Damron
travel guides for the most comprehensive and up-to-date information in
North America. Now Damron has expanded their horizons to Europe with the
new Damron Road Atlas 6th Edition.

This large format full-color book features detailed maps of more than 65
cities across the US and Canada, the Caribbean, and now, Europe. The
Damron Road Atlas presents seven new premiere travel destinations with
multi-page maps pinpointing lesbian and gay accommodations, bars and
bookstores. 

London, Paris, Berlin, and Amsterdam get first-class treatment with
comprehensive overview maps as well as more detailed area maps that
highlight the most popular gay locales. Whether it's Soho or Schöneberg,
Earl's Court or the Marais, Damron has it covered. Domestic travelers
will enjoy the newly expanded US locations, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina.

As always, Damron's in-depth research helps both vacationers and
business travelers get the most out of their trip. Overview boxes
present the key facts at a glance: gay and lesbian info lines, transit
information, annual events and tourist attractions. Concise essays
reveal those interesting"and quirky"features that make each city unique.
And over 6000 listings of gay-owned and gay-friendly businesses provide
all the key information for today's busy traveler.

With its innovative design and up-to-date information, it's no wonder
that the Damron family of travel guides"Damron Road Atlas, Damron
Address Book, Damron Women's Traveller, and Damron Accommodations"have
won media accolades internationally. But it's the support of lesbian and
gay travelers themselves who've made Damron the industry leader since
1964.

For more information, call Damron at  (800) 462-6654 to request
 a free mail order catalog of lesbigaytrans+ travel guide books.

________end of file__________