Subject: Submissions Sought for new anthology, Children of Stonewall
From: ss178 <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list GLB-NEWS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 05:52:24 EDT

Submissions Sought for
CHILDREN OF STONEWALL

A New Lesbian and Gay Essay Collection
>From Alyson Publications

Were Bert and Ernie your role models?  Have you never had sex without an
awareness of AIDS?  Are you a Riot Grrrl, Lesbian, Lesbian Avenger, Queer
National?  Did your high school have a L/G/B support group?  Did you go?
Did you take your lover?  When you were coming out, did you skip Radclyffe
Hall and Gordon Merrick and jump right into Audre Lorde and David Leavitt?
Are you a second- or third-generation queer?  If someone asked, "Are you a
friend of Dorothy?" would you answer, "Yeah, I loved _Bastard Out of
Carolina_"?

Alyson Publications, a leader in gay and lesbian publishing, seeks personal
essays from lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, and transgendered people born
after (or shortly before) the Stonewall Riots of 1969.  We're looking for
varied, engaging, thoughtful, well-written, surprising, personal, funny,
introspective work.  Although we welcome essays about high school and
college experiences, we are particularly interested in essays about your
younger years -- don't confine yourself to your coming-out story!  Essays
intertwining the personal with the analytical are also welcome.  Let's tell
the world what it's like to inherit the older generations' legacy of
relative freedom and pride -- and trouble.

Although we are looking for high literary quality, we are open to working
with inexperienced writers.  If you have an unusual or special story to tell
but you're unsure how to start, please write to us.

THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JUNE 30, 1995.

Guidelines/Submission Requirements:

1.      Essays should be 1-15 double-spaced pages, with your name, address,
phone number, and your e-mail address on the first page.

2.      If possible, please submit your essay on hard copy and on disk.  We
will accept submissions on tape from print-impaired writers.

3.      Please note if your submission has already been published.

4.      Please submit with your essay a one-paragraph bio including your
birth date.

5.      Please include two self-addressed, stamped envelopes.

SEND TO:
Robin Bernstein and Seth Silberman
Editors, Children of Stonewall
PO Box 11172
Takoma Park, MD  20913

or via e-mail to:

Seth Silberman at
[email-masked]

Robin Bernstein at
[email-masked]