Subject: INTERVIEW WITH NEIL MILLER, SENSATIONAL GAY HISTORIAN
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 17:00:50 -0400

1. The date/time of the event,
Sunday, July 9th at 9pm.EST, probably in the Coliseum

2. AUTHOR AND BOOK
NEIL MILLER on his new book "Out of the Past: Gay and Lesbian History from
1869 to the Present"

3. DESCRIPTION

Neil Miller is the former editor of Boston's Gay Community News and was a
staff writer at the Boston Phoenix. His book "In Search of Gay America" won
the 1990 American Library Association Prize for lesbian and gay nonfiction,
as well as a Lambda Literary Award. He is also the author of the book "Out in
the World: Gay and Lesbian Life from Buenos Aires to Bangkok."

His new book encompasses more than a hundred years of gay and lesbian
history, culture, and politics, from the Plains Indians to the 1920s
Bloomsbury to America in the Age of AIDS. This is an absorbing chronicle of
the forging of homosexual identity.

Miller accompanies his narrative with portraits of ordinary men and women, as
well as such figures as Walt Whitman, Eleanor Roosevelt, James Baldwin, T.E.
Lawrence, Langston Hughes and Martina Navratilova.

Interviewers: Brandon Judell (Critics' Choicer reviewer and contributor to
 MY FIRST TIME and FLESH AND THE WORD 3) plus YOU.