Subject: RESOURCES (please update on websites)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 00:14:45 -0400 (EDT)

MARRIAGE REBOOKS:

The Case for Same-Sex Marriage, by William Eskridge, Free Press, 1996.

Legally Wed:  Same-Sex Marriage and the Constitution, by Mark Strasser,
Cornell University, 1997.

Same-Sex Marriage: Pro and Con, edited by Andrew Sullivan, Vintage, 1997.

Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe, by John Boswell, Villard Books, 1994.

GENERAL DISCUSSION:

"Bridal Wave," by Michelangelo Signorile, in Out, December/January 1994, pp.
68-73, 146-162.

"The Battle For Marriage: What We Have To Lose," by Gabriel Rotello, in Out,
October, 1994, pg. 106.

"Equality Through Marriage," by Jeffrey Nickel, in Gay Community News,
Winter/Spring 1996, pgs. 25, 35.

"Gay and Conservative," by Marvin Liebman, in Bay Windows, January 15, 1995.

"Going to the Chapel: Is Lesbian and Gay Marriage the Next Logical Step?," by
Jeffrey Nickel, in Gay Community News, February 11-17, 1991, pp. 8-10.  

"Let Them Wed," (cover editorial), in The Economist, January 6, 1996, pp.
13-14.

"On Our Way to 'I Do'," Bay Windows, November 24th, 1995 (Special Marriage
Supplement).  

"Wedded to the Past," by Jeffrey Nickel, in The Boston Phoenix, September 15,
1995, pg. 13.

"What's Wrong With the Gay Rights Movement, and How to Fix It," by Jeffrey
Nickel, in Christopher Street, August 3, 1992 (Issue 184).  

LAW JOURNALS:

"Aloha, Marriage?  Constitutional and Choice of Law Arguments For Recognition
of Same-Sex Marriages," by Thomas Keane, in Stanford Law Review, Vol. 47:
499-532 (February, 1995).

"Competitive Federalism and the Legislative Incentives to Recognize Same-Sex
Marriage," by Jennifer Brown, in Southern California Law Review, Vol. 68:
745-839 (May, 1995).

"Configuring the Bo(u)nds of Marriage:  The Implications of Hawaiian Culture
& Values in the Debate about Homogamy," in Yale Journal of Law & the
Humanities, Vol. 8: 105-159 (1996).

"A Conflict of Laws and Morals: The Choice of Law Implications of Hawaii's
Recognition of Same Sex Marriages," by Joseph Hovermill, in Maryland Law
Review, Vol. 53: 450-493 (1994).

"Crossing the Threshold:  Equal Marriage Rights for Lesbians and Gay Men and
the Intra Community Critique," by Evan Wolfson, in New York University Review
of Law and Social Change, Vol. 21: 567-615 (1994-95).

"Domestic Relations Jurisprudence and the Great, Slumbering Baehr: On
Definitional Preclusion, Equal Protection, and Fundamental Interests," by
Mark Strasser, in Fordham Law Review, Vol. 64: 921-986 (1995).

"Family, Definitions, and The Constitution: On The Antimiscegenation
Analogy," by Mark Strasser, in Suffolk University Law Review, Vol. 25:
981-1034 (1991).

"A History of Same-Sex Marriage," by William Eskridge, Jr., in Virginia Law
Review, Vol. 49: 1419-1513 (1993).

"Marriage, Equal Protection, and New Judicial Federalism:  A View from the
States," by Lisa Farabee, in Yale Law and Policy Review 14: 237-286 (1996). 

"Marriage, Law, and Gender: A Feminist Inquiry," by Nan Hunter, in Law &
Sexuality, Vol. 1: 9-30 (1991).

"Reflections on The Lesbian and Gay Marriage Debate," by Harlon Dalton, in
Law & Sexuality, Vol. 1: 1-8 (1991).

"Same-Sex Marriage," by Otis Damslet, in New York Law School Journal of Human
Rights, Vol. 10: 555-593 (1993).

"Same-Sex Marriage: A Review," by Adrienne Wilson, in William Mitchell Law
Review, Vol. 17: 539-562 (1991).

"Same-Sex Marriage and Choice-of-Law: If We Marry In Hawaii, Are We Still
Married When We Return Home?," by Barbara Cox, in Wisconsin Law Review, 1994,
pp. 1033-1109.

"'Til Death Do Us Part: Granting Full Faith and Credit to Marital Status," by
Habib Balian, in Southern California Law Review, Vol. 68: 363.

"Why Discrimination Against Lesbians and Gay Men Is Sex Discrimination," by
Andrew Koppelman, in New York University Law Review, Vol. 69, No. 2: 197-287
(May, 1994).
-----------------------------------------------------
The Forum on the Right to Marriage (FORM)
Box 8033 JFK Station
Boston, MA 02114
(617) 868-FORM
[email-masked]
HTTP://www.calico-company.com/formboston
America Online:  Keyword: GLCF Library.  New Files -or- Legal Issues -or-
Organizations

Materials available:
Arguments/Letters to the Editor
Flier (new) *
General Quotations
Hawaii Primer 
How You Can Help
Ithaca Primer
Law Chart
Law Review Summary
Legal History 
Legal Summary
Marriage Primer     
Press Kit *
Resources
Timeline   
Wedding Announcements  

*available soon

##############################
FORM is a national grassroots organization primarily
engaged in education and outreach concerning the issue of
same-sex marriage.

FORM provides resources and training to similar locally
based groups throughout country.

FORM exists as well to facilitate and support the efforts 
of individuals, whether legal or legislative, that advance
the cause of same-sex marriage in the United States.

When feasible, FORM will work in concert with gay and
lesbian political groups to optimize organized efforts to
attain same-sex marriage rights.
##########################################
--------(Please print out, cut here, and mailback)-----------

Please help us to begin building the framework for legalizing same-sex
marriage. 

_ Yes, I want to be a member of FORM.  Please
enter my membership at the following level:

    _ Individual ($20.)
    _ Household ($30.) 
    _ Student/Low-income ($10.)

    _ I want to make an additional contribution in the amount of:

       $ _____  
   
 (Please make checks payable to: Forum on the Right to Marriage (FORM), Inc.)

 _ Add me to your mailing list:     
 __________________________________
 __________________________________
 __________________________________

 _ I'm interested in becoming a FORM organizer/starting a chapter in my area.

We hope that you will become involved in FORM.  But the most important thing,
in whatever aspect of gay rights we may be involved in, is that we as gay
people share with those around us the truth of our lives.  FORM's activities
can serve only as an adjunct to individual gay men, women, and young people
willing to reach out and change the hearts and minds of the American people.
Thanks for your interest and your continued assistance in helping to make
marriage a reality for the gay community.  

Please mail to:

The Forum on the Right to Marriage (FORM)
Box 8033 JFK Station
Boston, MA 02114
***********************************

Contributions to FORM go solely toward our efforts to obtain full marriage
rights for same-sex couples.