Subject: PFLAG Alert: Historic Cyber Wedding, 10/16/99
From: Heather Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:15:15 -0400

*  *  *  PFLAG  Alert  *  *  * 
History in the Making: Oct. 16 Cyber Wedding

On Saturday, Oct. 16, the first-ever Internet broadcast of a same-sex union
will take place at www.Out.com.  Jeffrey L. Newman, president and CEO of the
Gay Financial Network, and Jeffrey W. Parker, renowned men's accessories
designer, will tie the knot at 7 p.m. Eastern time.  Media reports estimate
that one million people will log on for the nuptials, making it the most
watched wedding since Luke and Laura and the most logged-onto cyber event
since the Victoria's Secret Fasion Show.  Two-time Grammy Award winner
Jennifer Holiday will perform at the ceremony.  Rabbi Charles D. Lippman, a
highly respected clergyman who officiated the recent wedding of Joan Rivers'
daughter, will officiate this groundbreaking ceremony.  The grooms, who met
online, have chosen to share their special day with the world "to show the
joy and importance of marriage for all people, regardless of gender, and to
illustrate the legitimacy and humanity inherent in same-sex unions."

PFLAG joins in tossing "cyber rice" at the grooms, particularly since Newman
is a dear friend of PFLAG.  Last month, Gay Financial Network Founder and
Chairman Walter Schubert joined PFLAG's National Board of Directors.

		#  #  #

Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) promotes the
health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons,
their families & friends through support, education, and advocacy. Serving
nearly 77,000 members & supporters, PFLAG affiliates are located in 430+
communities in the U.S. 

1101 14th St. NW, Suite 1030, Washington, DC 20005 .
 phone: 202-638-4200  fax: 202-638-0243
 Email [email-masked]  Web http://www.pflag.org

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 To unsubscribe from PFLAG's Email Alert, send an
 email, subject line "unsubscribe" to [email-masked]
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~