Subject: Fwd: Lesbian and Gay Couples Needed!!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 12:02:23 -0400 (EDT)

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Fwd: Lesbian and Gay Couples Needed!!
Date:    97-04-10 20:25:41 EDT
From:    GAYLESBLA
To:      Laftmc

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Lesbian and Gay Couples Needed!!
Date:    97-04-09 20:52:34 EDT
From:    TomWayne
To:      GAYLESBLA

Dear L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center,

I'm writing from the University of Maryland where I'm on a research team that
is conducting a national LGB-affirmative study of same-sex couples.  I found
out about your listserv from an LGB reference web page and though that you
might be willing to help us with our efforts to recruit a diverse sample of
lesbian and gay couples.  What follow is a description of the kinds of
participants that we're looking for.  I'd be grateful if you could post this
message on your listserv (if you have one) and pass this message along to
appropriate people, mail lists etc.  If you have a place where fliers could
be placed, please e-mail me your snail-mail address and we'll send some
fliers out soon.

LESBIAN AND GAY COUPLES NEEDED!!
A lesbian and a gay male researcher at the University of Maryland are
conducting a gay-affirmative study of same-sex couples.  This will be the
first major study to look at the impact of factors unique to the LGB identity
process on same-sex relationship functioning.  It will also be the first
major study to look at a racially-ethnically diverse sample of same-sex
couples.

We need your help in finding possible participants.  If you or anyone you
know of might be willing to participate, please contact us or pass along this
message.  (Our contact info is below.)  What follows is information about
participating in the study:

People who participate must be in a relationship that has lasted at least
three months.  Also, we are focusing on people who identify (at least
partially) as lesbian or gay (as opposed to primarily identifying as
bisexual).  Both members of each couple are sent questionnaires to complete.
 Questionnaires are returned separately in stamped return envelopes.  All
responses are completely confidential and anonymous.  We are eager to hear
from couples of a variety of ages, race/ethnicities, income levels,
communities, outlooks, etc.

When questionnaires are received from both partners of a couple, they are
automatically entered into a lottery to win prizes from national and local
LGB-affirmative businesses.

I would greatly appreciate any help that you could offer us in our efforts.
 If you are in a relationship and would like to participate, just e-mail me
or Glanna Chang.  Also, if you know of any couples that might participate, it
would be great if you could pass our message on, or allow us to send you some
questionnaires to distribute.  Finally, if you are on any appropriate mailing
lists, it would be super if you could forward this message.

Thanks for your help!!

Sincerely, Jon Mohr
e-mail:  [email-masked]
phone:  202/842-9706

Glenna Chang
e-mail:  [email-masked]
phone:  202/842-9706