Subject: SW25 Demands
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 94 02:58:09 EST

Hi everyone! Here are (what I precieve to be) the updated demands for
the March. These are not reflected in the printed material. The major
changes include: adding drag and transgendered (including demand #5)
and adding a new demand about travel and immigration rectrictions based
on HIV status.

As usual, if I am caught or captured, the office will disavow 
any knowledge of my actions!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
STONEWALL 25: International March on the UN to Affirm the Human
Rights of Lesbian and Gay People

We call upon the United Nations, its agencies, its member states
and its affiliated non-governmental organizations to take all
necessary action to assure that:

1. The promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights not
   be denied to lesbian, gay, bisexual, drag and transgender
   people;
2. The rights and freedoms of the Universal Declaration of Human
   Rights be fulfilled to all people, including lesbian, gay,
   bisexual, drag and transgender people, without distinction of
   any kind, such as race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
   ethnicity, language, age, disability, socio-economic status ,
   national or social origin or gender identification;
3. The agencies of the UN and non-governmental organizations
   affiliated with the UN undertake to report on violations of
   the Universal Declaration of Human Rights affecting lesbian,
   gay, bisexual, drag and transgender people;
4. The promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights not
   be denied to people who have AIDS or are HIV positive;
5. The promises of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
   with regard to the right to health care not be denied to
   people with HIV/AIDS, nor to lesbian, gay, bisexual,  drag or
   transgender people, including those who desire to engage in
   reproduction;
6. The global effort to combat HIV/AIDS be intensified;
7. The member states of the UN adopt a protocol to the
   Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of
   Genocide to define as a crime of genocide the intended
   destruction of any of the targets of the Holocaust, including
   lesbian, gay, bisexual, drag and transgender people, and the
   intentional destruction of any population group based on that
   group's race, gender, sexual orientation, , religion,
   ethnicity, language, age, disability, socio-economic status,
   national or social origin and gender identification;
8. The agencies of the UN not deny non-governmental
   organizations recognition or consultative status on the basis
   of their support for lesbian, gay, bisexual,  drag and
   transgender people, or people who have AIDS or are HIV
   positive;
9. The General Assembly of the UN proclaim an International Year
   of Lesbian and Gay People (possibly 1999);
10.  The UN and its agencies not discriminate against lesbian,
     gay, bisexual,  drag or transgender people in matters of
     contracting, hiring, employment conditions and termination;
11.  The member states increase the funding of the human rights
     agencies of the UN to accelerate the progress toward
     realizing the promises of the Universal Declaration of Human
     Rights;
12.  The right of lesbian, gay, bisexual, drag and transgender
     people to create families be recognized and protected, and
     that our family relationships with each other and our
     children be celebrated in 1994, The International Year of
     the Family.
13.  The united nations and its specialized agencies and programs
     denounce and urge the immediate elimination of all travel,
     immigration, refugee and/or other cross-border movement
     restrictions based on HIV status.

We call upon the United Nations and the people of the world to
join us in affirming the dignity and legitimacy of lesbian, gay,
bisexual and drag/transgendered people as participants in the
rich mosaic that constitutes the diversity of the human family.

THE POLITICAL MESSAGE OF STONEWALL 25
adopted by U.S. National Steering Committee, October 22, 1993

     In commemorating the Stonewall Riots of 1969, the event that
sparked the modern Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Rights
movement, we are calling upon the nations and peoples of the
world to affirm the dignity, legitimacy and human rights of
lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people without
distinction of any kind.

     These basic human rights and freedoms shall not be denied to
us, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identification, religion, ethnicity, language, age, disability,
socio-economic status, national or social origin, HIV/AIDS or
health status, marital status or political opinion.