Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 23:29:32 +0200 (MET DST)

EUROPRIDE FESTIVAL FOR GAYS ENDS WITH PARADE

  Amsterdam, may 26.

  An estimated 100,000 gay men and women will come to the nation's 
  capital between june 15 and june 25 te celibrate the "Europride" festival.
  The main event at this festival will be the big march on saturday 
  25 of june, leading from Dam square to Museum square. 
  The march, according to the Europride organisation, will be attended 
  by some 80,000 people.

  Yesterday (25 may) festival director Hans Verhoeven officially presented
  the Europride programme consisting of some 200 activities at 50 locations 
  around Amsterdam.

  In order to deal with the expected influx of visitors, which coincides with 
  the tourist season, a camping site for 10,000 campers will be set up at 
  Vliegenbos in the north of Amsterdam. Furthermore the National Tourist 
  reservation centre is assisting in finding hotel rooms for those attending
  the fesivities.

  Europride, apart from being festive, also aims at being a protest 
  manifestation. Hans Verhoeven on this: "We have come a long way in 
  Amsterdam, but in the Eastern European countries for example it's 
  an entirely different story". 
 
**

  If you'd like to receive a copy of the programme of activities of 
  Europride'94 or if you need information on how to get in touch 
  with the organisation, info on hotel reservations etc, please email 
  me privately.

  There's more to come....

  Love,

  Bert Schuur
 
============================== A M S T E R D A M ============================ 
| [email-masked]            Gay Capital of Europe                         |
|                            Host to Euro pride 1994                        |
=============================================================================