Subject: Fwd: Natl. Gay Democratic Meeting
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 07:58:25 -0500

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Natl. Gay Democratic Meeting
Date:    96-03-19 23:53:22 EST
From:    Dukephila
To:      Dukephila

On behalf of 14 gay and lesbian Democratic clubs from across the
U.S., I am writing to invite you a national conference of gay and
lesbian Democratic Party activists and organizations scheduled for Saturday,
May 4th and Sunday, May 5th 1996 in Philadelphia.

Titled "Win In '96 With Pride: Organizing Lesbian and Gay
Democrats", the conference will bring together Democratic Party and lesbian
and gay activists from around the country to discuss such topics as:

-   building grassroots Democratic organizations
-   organizing successful petition and political action campaigns
-   running lesbian and gay candidates for office
-   state-by-state lesbian and gay community efforts in the
Clinton/Gore re-election campaign
-   conducting effective voter registration and get-out-the-vote
activities in the gay community
-   the recent formulation of a national network of lesbian and gay
Democratic clubs
-   the role of the lesbian and gay community at the Democratic
National Convention in Chicago in August of 1996

The conference is being hosted by the Liberty City Lesbian and Gay
Democratic Club of Philadelphia.  "Win In '96 With Pride" is part
of Philadelphia's PrideFest celebration which takes place over the
same weekend.

The conference is open to the public and attendance is unlimited.

Attached to this e-mail is an ASCII (DOS text) file which contains
the complete national invitational mailing including the schedule
to date, registration forms, and hotel/rail/air fare information.

Should you have any questions, please call Liberty City Democratic
Club at (215) 592-0959.  Or if you just wish to receive an
invitation in the mail or over e-mail, just e-mail
[email-masked].

For your information, the following gay and lesbian Democratic
clubs are represented on the Program Committee for "WIN IN '96 WITH PRIDE:
ORGANIZING LESBIAN AND GAY DEMOCRATS:

Stonewall Democratic Club (Los Angeles)
Gay and Lesbian Independent Demcrats (New York City)
Gertrude Stein Democratic Club (Washington, DC)
Harvey Milk Democratic Club (San Francisco)
Bay State Democrats (Massachusetts)
Lambda Independent Democrats (Brooklyn)
Virgnia Partisans Democratic Club (Virginia)
Dolphin Democratic Club (Fort Lauderdale)
Rainbow Democratic Club (Orlando)
Triangle Democratic Caucus (Orlando)
Stonewall Democratic Club (New York City)
East Bay Democratic Club (Oakland)
BAYMEC (San Jose)
Liberty City Democratic Club (Philadelphia)

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.478.mail06.827326704
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-type: text/plain;
	name="INVITE"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

From: Liberty City Lesbian and Gay Democratic Club of Philadelphia
     phone: (215) 592-0959
=0D
                                                    March 5, 1996
=0D
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
=0D
On behalf of 13 gay and lesbian Democratic clubs across the
country, we are writing to invite you to a national meeting of gay
and lesbian Democratic Party organizations and activists scheduled
for Saturday, May 4th and Sunday, May 5th, 1996 in Philadelphia.
=0D
Titled "Win in 96 With Pride: Organizing Gay and Lesbian
Democrats", this conference grew out of the desire by members of
gay and lesbian Democratic clubs to meet and teach each other
important skills, as well as have a chance to network and exchange
ideas and strategies on a number of topics including supporting the
Clinton-Gore campaign, promoting the Democratic Party within the
gay community, and building gay and lesbian power within the
Democratic Party (including the question over whether to form a
national federation of gay and lesbian Democratic clubs).
=0D
The national meeting begins on Saturday, May 4th with a plenary
session from 2pm. to 5pm.  A dinner and social event is planned for
Saturday evening.  The next day, Sunday, May 5th, will feature a
full day of workshops, trainings and meetings.  (See the outline of
schedule attached.)  The conference is open to the public and
attendance is not limited.
=0D
A program committee of officials from 13 gay and lesbian Democratic
Party organizations from across the country is developing the
precise agenda and training sessions for both days.  In the coming
weeks, a complete schedule will be released, but the meeting and
workshops will take place during those times noted above at the
locations listed on the attached page.  In the interim, if you have
any suggestions for programming, please fax them to David Smith of
the Gay and Lesbian Independent Democrats of New York City at (212)
533-0680 and please put his name clearly on the fax.
=0D
Thus far, workshops discussed include campaign skills (e.g. how to
run a phonebank, etc) club development (how to create a terrific
newsletter, how to run a successful membership drive, fundraising
101, etc.), and other topics (supporting Clinton-Gore 96, and a
national gay and lesbian Democratic federation).  Some attending
organizations and activists are planning regional or state
breakouts during the two-day conference.
=0D
The Liberty City Lesbian and Gay Democratic Club is proud to host
this event, which is part of Philadelphia's PrideFest celebration
which runs throughout the same weekend.  PrideFest can arrange
discounted hotel and air fare for participants -- and travel/hotel
info. is attached (although you should always check local sources
for cheap air fares).  For those who need housing other than
hotels, Liberty City will try to arrange for local housing with one
of our members.  Because of the presence of a large oncology
convention that same weekend in Philadelphia, we encourage you to
either arrange your hotel room early or let us know as soon as
possible if you need housing.
=0D
Your participation in this meeting is crucial.  As you may be
aware, the Democratic National Committee hosted a meeting in
Washington, DC in February of leaders of gay and lesbian Democratic
Party organizations from across the country.  Over 70 people
attended, and out of that came a commitment from party activists to
work more closely together to build gay and lesbian power in the
Democratic Party and support candidates who support us.  The "Win
in 96 with Pride" Conference is one next step in that process.
=0D
Hope to see you in Philadelphia in May.
=0D

In Solidarity,
=0D

Denise Kulp                        Mark Smith
Co-Chair                           Co-Chair
=0D
Susan King                         Mike Marsico
Secretary                          Treasurer
=0D
Andrew Altman
Endorsement Chair
=0C         PROGRAM COMMITTEE FOR "WIN IN 96 WITH PRIDE"
=0D

The Program Committee for "Win in 96 With Pride" includes people
from the following organizations: =

=0D

Gay and Lesbian Independent Democrats
New York City
=0D
Stonewall Democratic Club
Los Angeles
=0D
Dolphin Democratic Club
Fort Lauderdale, FL
=0D
Triangle Democratic Caucus
Orlando, FL
=0D
Gertrude Stein Democratic Club
Washington, D.C.
=0D
Harvey Milk Democratic Club
San Francisco
=0D
Stonewall Democratic Club
New York City
=0D
Bay States Alliance
Massachusetts
=0D
BAYMEC
Northern California
=0D
East Bay Democratic Club
Oakland
=0D
Lambda Independent Democrats
Brooklyn, New York
=0D
Virginia Partisans
Virginia
=0D
Rainbow Democratic Club
Orlando
=0D
Liberty City Democratic Club
Philadelphia=0CWIN IN 96 WITH PRIDE: ORGANIZING LESBIAN AND GAY DEMOCRATS=

                        Philadelphia, PA
=0D
                       Schedule of Events
=0D

SATURDAY, MAY 4TH, 1996
=0D

          2pm. to 5pm.   Plenary Session
=0D
          Location: Headquarters of the American Federation of
          State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) District
          Council 47
=0D
          1606 Walnut Street, 3rd Floor
          Center City, Philadelphia
=0D
          Note: Nearly all the other PrideFest activities during
          the day on Saturday in Philadelphia are at Temple
          University Center City, whose buildings are a half-block
          away from AFSCME District Council 47.
=0D

          An evening Social Event being planned.
=0D

SUNDAY, MAY 5TH, 1996
=0D

          9am. to 4pm.   Workshops and Meetings
=0D
          An entire day of workshops and meetings being devised by
          a Program Committee of officials from more than 10 Gay
          and Lesbian Democratic Party organizations from across
          the country.
=0D
          Location: Temple University Center City Building
=0D
          1616 Walnut Street, lower level
          Center City, Philadelphia=0CWIN IN 96 WITH PRIDE: ORGANIZING GA=
Y AND LESBIAN DEMOCRATS
=0D
                        registration form
=0D

NAME:__________________________________________________________
=0D
STREET ADDRESS:________________________________________________
=0D
CITY:____________________________ STATE:_______   ZIP:_________
=0D
PHONE:________________________   E-MAIL:_______________________
=0D
ORGANIZATION (IF ANY):_________________________________________
=0D
     where is organization located?:___________________________
=0D
     is it partisan or nonpartisan?:___________________________
=0D
     your title (if any) in organization:______________________
=0D
                             HOUSING
=0D
Do you wish to have housing for the conference?
=0D
If so, for what evenings (please circle)
=0D
     Friday, May 3rd     Saturday, May 4th        Sunday, May 5th
=0D
Are you male or female?
=0D

Do you smoke?            Do you REQUIRE staying in a smoke-free
                         household?
=0D
Are you allergic to any pets?      (If so, note animals)
=0D
Any other requirements?
=0D

                             TRAVEL
=0D
If you live outside the Philadelphia area, how will you be
traveling to conference?  (circle)
=0D
AIRPLANE                 TRAIN               DRIVE
=0D

Return to: Liberty City Lesbian and Gay Democratic Club, =

P.O. Box 58385, Philadelphia, PA  19102-8385.=1A=

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.478.mail06.827326704--