From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 13:35:42 -0400

Sober Unity 1995
A Gay and Lesbian A.A. Annual Convention with A.A. and Alanon participation

The 5th Annual Sober Unity Convention will be held this year October 12,13
and 14th.  Our convention is held at the Mirimar Hotel on the outskirts of
Santa Barbara.

Cost for the basic registration is $10.00 before August 30th, $15.00 before
September 21, and $20.00 thereafter. No one will be turned away for lack of
funds, however if you are in need of a scholarship, you will be asked to
participate in helping out the convention with some 4-6 hours of volunteer
duty as need be.

Hotel rates are relatively cheap for this area.  Prices ranges are between
$80.00  for a poolside room to $200+ for an ocean front cottage.  Inland
cottages are also available.  

Our convention is usually a small attendance convention, so the atmosphere is
one of closeness and you quickly will feel at home and a part of.  This is
not a "cruising" convention.  The convention is to celebrate sobriety and
fellowship.  

Meals are available during the convention.  Also scheduled: Karokee Talent
Participation with the audience, a Saturday night dance, both at no cost
admission( to participate on stage for Karokee a slight fee will be charged
to cover cost.  

Speakers are scheduled Friday and Saturday night, Sunday morning, and
Saturday afternoon.  Although all meetings are tied into a meal function, the
meeting which follows is open to all convention participants.  

For more information, call Mark C. At 805-684-5507, or Mark W. At
805-966-9225.  You can also reach me by email [email-masked].

If you request a flyer and registration form please include a self addressed
envelope.  Mail to: Sober Unity Flyer, 805 Cliff Dr. #2, Santa Barbara, CA
93109.

Hope to see you there.  If you would like to be added to our mailing list for
1996 on please send your address and indicate your desire to the same address
as flyer request.

Enjoy a weekend of fun, fellowship, and a celebration of sobriety in
beautiful Santa Barbara, California.

In service,

MW Calif