Subject: NetGALA Conference
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:38:00 -0400

NetGALA (the Network of Gay And Lesbian Alumni/ae associations), an 
umbrella for more than 175 GALA groups nationwide is holding its annual 
meeting and conference, "Making the Most of the Queer Network," at the 
Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center, 208 West 13th Street, New York 
City, on October 14 and 15, 1995, beginning at 9:30am on Saturday the 14th.

The Conference will explore the diverse resources of the burgeoning gay 
and lesbian network for career building.  People who are out and 
successful in the workplace will lead workshops on finding gay friendly 
companies, or effecting change in those that are not, linking up with 
queer business and professional groups, and navigating the transition 
from out on campus to out in the workplace.  "We will also address ways 
of bringing alumni together for supporting gay and lesbian students on 
campus," said Chuck Edwards, NetGALA's chair.

Planning organizations include the New York Bankers Group, the Out For 
Profit Investment Club, the New York Advertising and Communications 
Network  Stonewall Business Association, BOSS, as well as GALAs from 
Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Michigan State, Middlebury, NYU, Oberlin, and
Yale.

The Conference fee of $30 ($20 for students, $40 at the door) includes a 
continental breakfast and lunch.  A cocktail reception will follow the 
workshops.  An informal brunch will be held on Sunday to wrap up the
conference.

Pre-register by October 7th to secure the $30 or $20 fee by sending name, 
address, college affiliation and a check for the appropriate amount to:  
NetGALA, P.O. Box 53188, Washington, DC 20009.  For more information, 
call Liz at 212-677-3564 or e-mail [email-masked].