Subject: Kung Pao Kosher Komedy
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 17:43:42 -0400

Two years ago, we attended the first evening of Kung Pao Kosher Komedy and
fell in love with Lisa Geduldig's comedy and her spirit.  Last year it was
even better. We have already reserved our tickets. We highly recommend this
Holiday treat for all Jews and non-Jews alike.. 
 Lisa emceed the variety show at the 1994 National PFLAG Convention in San
Francisco.
 Order early! This year will sell out again for sure. Also, feel free to pass
this along to other internet friends. They will thank you.  Please note the
date for Los Angeles Kung Pao at the end of this post.

     Howard and Laura Siegel

AN EVENING OF KUNG PAO KOSHER KOMEDY
with Lisa Geduldig and friends
3525 17th  St. #6, San Francisco, CA 94110, Ph (415) 431-7363
Fax (415) 431-7362, email   [email-masked]

THIRD ANNUAL EVENING OF KUNG PAO KOSHER* COMEDY
(*Kosher Comedy, Not Kosher Food)

 COME CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS THE JEWISH WAY 
IN  A CHINESE RESTAURANT, WITH JEWISH COMEDIANS!

  Due to popular demand and the creation of a new tradition, An Evening of
Kung Pao Kosher Comedy will now take place over two days, both Christmas Eve
and Christmas Day! 

 Join 3 of the country's hottest Jewish comedians: Cathy Ladman, (Tonight
Show, Best Female Stand-Up Comic award 1992), Jaffe Cohen (Funny Gay Males),
and Kung Pao-maven Lisa Geduldig for two evenings of hot & sour Jewish
comedy, delicious Hunan food, and fortune cookies chock full-of Yiddish
proverbs. It's the Bar Mitzvah you never had! Come meet your neighbors from
communities as diverse as the Castro and Walnut Creek. It's a fun-filled
event, and you don't have to be Jewish to enjoy it!

When:  Sunday, December 24th & Monday, December 25th  
Where: Hunan Restaurant, 924 Sansome @ Broadway, San Francisco

This year, there will be four shows, two each day:
Christmas Eve
6 PM    Dinner Show ($35)                   10 PM ($20)  Cocktail Show
Christmas Day
5 PM    Dinner Show ($35)              9 PM ($20)     Cocktail Show
(Doors open one-hour before Dinner Show and 30 minutes before Cocktail Show)

 Dinner Show tix (sit-down Chinese banquet) must be purchased in advance. 
 Cocktail Show cost includes 2 drink tickets. Tables of 10-11 can be reserved
in advance for dinner (sorry no partial tables). Tables of 12 available for
cocktail show. Otherwise, General Admission seating. 

 Partial proceeds from all four shows will benefit 2 Bay Area organizations:
Family Link (a hospitality house for visiting familes of people with AIDS)
and the Jewish Film Festival.

 Tickets go on sale October 12th @ BASS Tickets  (Event Sponsor)
at outlets including The Wherehouse and Tower Records/Video 
or by calling Basscharge @ (510) 762-BASS or (408) 998-BASS. 
BASS convenience fee has been lowered for this event.
Tickets go on sale November 1st @ Modern Times Bookstore  
(888 Valencia St., SF, 415-282-9246)

 There will also be a show in Los Angeles on Dec. 23rd. Contact Lisa for
details.