Subject: Dallas Mailing List Online
From: Rick Sande <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:26:08 -0600

*************************************************
                  Introducing the TQHOTLINE Mailing List!!!
             *************************************************
 
      "Now I ain't one to gossip, and you didn't hear it from me....
       You can tell a freind, telephone, telegraph or Tele-Queen!!!"

  News travels fast especially in queer circles... If the TQHOTLINE says 
      you're good, You're really good... and if you're bad... well... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
                                 PURPOSE:
This Mailing list is designed to keep the Gay Community of Dallas, Texas 
informed of events, happenings, news, services, grand openings, and just 
about anything pertaining to gay and lesbian culture. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT!
* Advertise Gay Supportive Business including specials, discount offers etc.

* Advertise your club events, Post late-breaking news articles of interest 
  to the gay community. Meeting schedules, Concert info, etc.

* Anything time-based that you think may have some value to other readers 
  like yourself. 

  The idea is to post announcements! Commercial or Not, it doesn't matter 
                   so long as it's got substance to it!

    Hey, know a new place to frequent? Or, how about a place to avoid?
              * Post your story on the Tele-Queen Hotline! *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        WHAT YOU CAN'T DO WITH IT!
This isn't a social "chatty cathy" list. It's designed to disseminate 
information of interest. Nobody really cares about your hemorrhoids, 
yeast infections, or extensive crystal collection so save it for another area! 

Assuming that we're all adults (and you know what it means to ASS-ume!) We 
should try to restrain ourselves from using 4-letter expletives and 
various other vulgarities in excess!  

                 The idea is to post announcements! <echo>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 *Here's How it works for internet people*
                 =========================================
        To SUBSCRIBE to the list send an internet-email message as follows:

  To: [email-masked]
Subj: <leave this blank>
------------<message body>----------------
SUBSCRIBE tq_hotline

      To UN-SUBSCRIBE from the list send an internet-email message as follows:

  To: [email-masked]
Subj: <leave this blank>
------------<message body>----------------
REMOVE tq_hotline

   To POST messages to everyone (yes this means you too!) in the list:

  To: [email-masked]
Subj: GRAND OPENING
------------<message body>----------------
FANTABULOUS NEW NIGHTCLUB OPENS IN EAST-EGYPT NOWHERE

Blah..Blah...Blah...(you get the idea!)

                  *Here's how it works for FIDONET USERS*
                  =======================================
Your message must be addressed to "&TQHOTLINE"  

Repeat: &TQHOTLINE
                  Repeat: &TQHOTLINE
                                     Repeat: &TQHOTLINE

If you address it to anything other than &TQHOTLINE your message will 
never leave Fidonet!! Repeat: NEVER! 

*******************************************
AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS (EHEM!)
*******************************************
This un-moderated list originates on Man's Country BBS in Dallas owned and 
operated by Rick Sande. Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy and you can find out
more about MANSCO if you want at: http://plato.digiweb.com/ww3/mansco/ 

Also note: This list service is cross-gated and available for pickup to 
interested Fidonet/Echomail BBS Sysops! 
Contact Rick Sande at Fidonet: 1:124/1120