Subject: Hepatitis B Information and Support List
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:31:40 EDT

There's a new discussion group on the Web for people who have chronic
hepatitis B infection.  The "Hepatitis B Information and Support List" (HB-L)
which also includes health professionals and other supporters of hepatitis B
patients,  has been active since May 1998.  During just a few months of
existence, the list has grown to more than 100 subscribers worldwide with
approximately 15 postings per day.

Some recent topics of discussion on HB-L have included:

Hepatitis B therapies (inteferon, lamivudine, thymosin)
Goals of therapy (Clearing the virus of merely  immobilizing it ?)
Alcohol and chronic hepatitiis (Is any amount of alcohol safe ?)
Transmission of  HBV (How you get it and how you don't)
Liver cancer and early detection
Ascites (Fluid retention)
Painkillers (Are any painkillers liver-friendly ?)
Dealing with HBV and HIV co-infection
Living with cirrhosis
Iron reduction therapy for HBV
Diet and supplements

Besides discussion pertinent information, list members also give each other
support.  A list member in Florida shared his fears about an upcoming liver
biopsy.  Another participant in England felt less isolated as he coped with
depression.  A subscriber in California who is co-infected with HIV and HBV
had a question about HBV/DNA viral load tests.  Another list subscriber in
Canada shared his concerns about the impact of chronic HBV on social
relationships.

To subscribe to the Hepatitis B Information and Support List, send a blank e-
mail to:

[email-masked]

******************************************************************************
********************
                              HEPATITIS RESOURCES

Hepatitis Zone
http://www.hep-help.com

Hepatitis B Foundation
http://www.hepb.org
e-mail - [email-masked]

Hepatitis B Coalition
http://www.immunize.org

Hepatitis C Foundation
http://www.Hepcfoundation.org

American Liver Foundation
http://www.liverfoundation.org

Canadian Liver Foundation
http://www.liver.ca/docs/history.html

Hepatitis Foundation International
http://www.hepfi.org

Hepatitis Information Network
http://www.hepnet.com

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
http://www.cdc.gov