Subject: ACTION ALERT: New Hampshire Gay Rights Bill
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 20:18:39 -0500 (CDT)

[ submitted by <[email-masked]> Brendan Denehy,
  New Hampshire Coalition to End Discrimination ]

NEW HAMPSHIRE HOUSE BILL 421 GOES TO SENATE--
   LETTERS AND PHONE CALLS ARE NEEDED!!

NH House Bill 421, which will add 'Sexual Orientation to NH's existing
Anti-discrimination law will be heard by the Senate Internal Affairs
Committee on Tuesday, April 29 at 9am in Room 305 of the Legislative Office
Building.

We need to get as many letters and phone calls as possible to all members
of the Senate [ to SUPPORT House Bill 421 ], but especially to the
members of the Internal Affairs Committee.  These should be New Hampshire
calls only, except if you are formerly from NH and have left,
it would be helpful to let the senators know this.

(Chair)District 17 JOHN "JACK" BARNES, Jr. Republican PO Box 362 Raymond,
NH 03077 895-9352
Represents: Allenstown; Brentwood; Chichester; Danville; Deerfield; Epping;
Epsom; Fremont; Loudon; Northwood; Raymond; Sandown.

(Vice Chair) District 18 JOHN KING Democrat  2255 Goffs Falls Road
Manchester, NH 03103 644-0263
Represents: Manchester Wards 5-9, Auburn

District 2 EDWARD "NED" GORDON Republican PO Box 112 Bristol, NH 03222
744-2139 (O)271-2675
Represents: Ashland; Bath; Belmont; Benton; Bridgewater; Bristol; Campton;
Dorchester; Easton; Ellsworth; Groton; Haverhill; Hebron; Holderness;
Landaff; Lincoln; Livermore; Lyman; Lyme; Monroe; New Hampton; Orford;
Piermont; Plymouth; Rumney;  Sanbornton; Thornton; Tilton; Warren;
Waterville Valley; Wentworth; Woodstock.

District 4 LEO FRASER  Republican 91 Will Smith Road PO Box 5 Pittsfield,
NH 03263 435-6626 (O)225-3664
Represents: Alton; Barnstead; Farmington; Gilford; Gilmanton; Laconia; New
Durham; Pittsfield; Strafford.

District 10 CLESSON "JUNIE" BLAISDELL Democrat 40 Stone House Lane Keene,
NH 03431 352-6210 (O)358-3322         Represents: Chesterfield; Hinsdale;
Keene; Marlborough; Roxbury; Sullivan; Swanzey; Troy; Westmoreland;
Winchester. (Note: Senator Blaisdell is on record for supporting HB 421!)

District 13 DEBORA PIGNATELLI Democrat 22 Appletree Green, Nashua, NH 03062
888-5245 (O) 271-2117  Represents: Nashua, Wards 4, 6, 7, 8, 9.

District 19 RICHARD "RICK" RUSSMAN Republican 18 Beach Drive Kingston, NH
03848 642-5904 (O)772-3433  Represents: Derry; Hampstead; Kingston;
Plaistow.

The following two Senators are not on the committee, but they are the only
two listed as having e-mail:

District 5 JIM RUBENS Republican PO Box 365 Etna, NH 03750 643-6059 E-Mail
[email-masked]
Represents: Alexandria; Andover; Canaan; Danbury; Enfield; Grafton;
Grantham; Hanover; Hill; Lebanon; Newbury; New London; Orange; Plainfield;
Springfield; Sutton; Wilmot.

District 11 DAVID WHEELER Republican 523 Mason Road Milford, NH 03055
672-6062 E-Mail [email-masked]
Represents: Dublin; Fitzwilliam; Greenfield; Hancock; Jaffrey;
Lyndeborough; Milford; New Ipswich; Peterborough; Richmond; Rindge; Sharon;
Temple; Wilton.

For a full list of Senators,
check out: http://members.aol.com/caglr/senate.htm
or contact: [email-masked]

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________