Subject: ACTION ALERT: New Hampshire
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:31:24 -0600 (CST)

[ submitted by <[email-masked]> Brendan Denehy,
  New Hampshire Coalition to End Discrimination ]

NEW HAMPSHIRE LEGISLATURE TO CONSIDER ADDING 'SEXUAL ORIENTATION' TO CIVIL
RIGHTS LAW

House Bill 421, which will add 'Sexual Orientation' to
New Hampshire's Civil Rights Laws, will be heard by the House Judiciary and
Family Law Committee on TUESDAY, MARCH 4 at 1:30pm. in Representatives Hall
of the State House in Concord, NH.

What you need to do Now:

1.  Attend the hearing.  We need to show the committee that this is an
important issue.  You do not need to testify, just your presence in support
will make a strong statement.

2. Contact your Representatives before March 12.  To find out who your
representatives are, contact the Statehouse at 603-271-1110, or your local
town/city hall. (or e-mail me at [email-masked])

3. Provide your support to CED. Contact us at:
        CED
        PO Box 74
        Concord NH, 03302-0074.
        603-224-1686

THE FULL LEGISLATURE IS EXPECTED TO VOTE ON THE MEASURE AROUND MARCH 12, so
please contact your legislaters before then.

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________