Subject: ACTION ALERT: Indiana HB 1265
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 21:15:42 -0500 (CDT)

[ submitted by [email-masked] ]

URGENT ACTION:

 Please call, fax, or e-mail Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon.  Ask him
to veto HB 1265, Voiding Same-Gender Marriages.  Ask that he postpone any
decision to sign the bill until he meets with those who will be directly
affected --
 especially those whose marriages will suddenly cease to exist if he signs
HB 1265.  Please e-mail, call, or fax even if you're not from Indiana.  
Volume counts!
      If you call, ask to speak to the governor directly.  If you are told
 that is not possible, ask to speak to an aide who will advise the governor
on legislative issues.  If you can come to Indianapolis, ask to meet with the
governor personally.  If told that is not possible, ask to meet with a
member of his staff.

 Voice:  317-232-4567  (The governor does not have a toll-free number.)
 FAX:             317-232-3443
 E-Mail:          [email-masked]

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________