Subject: ACTION ALERT: Illinois
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 21:42:19 -0600 (CST)

[ submitted by Illinois Federation for Human Rights <[email-masked]> ]

*** SUMMARY ***

HELP PASS ILLINOIS GAY RIGHTS BILL

Your help is immediately needed to ensure passage of a bill that would
make discrimination based on sexual orientation illegal in Illinois. 
House Bill 1241, which adds "sexual orientation" to the Illinois Human
Rights Act will be voted on in the Illinois House of Representatives in
late April.

*** ACTION NEEDED ***

We ask you to do the following:

1) Call, write, and/or visit your state representative and state senator to
ask him/her to support HB 1241.  If you don't know who your
representative or senator is, call:

    The League of Women	Voters at (312)939-5935

or The Illinois Federation for Human Rights at (773) 477-7173.
or your local County Building.

Additional legislator information can be found at:

    http://www.state.il.us/CMS/HP0040.HTM

This contains your state representative and state senator, along with
their phone and fax numbers.

2) Join us for a lobby day at the State Capitol, room 122B, Wednesday,
April 9, 1997 from 10am-4pm.  Buses will leave from Chicago at 7:30 a.m.
(call 773-477-7173 to reserve a	 seat on the bus).

Thanks!

Rick Garcia
Executive Director
IL Federation For Human Rights

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________