Subject: ACTION ALERT: Support Disney
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 12:10:41 -0500 (CDT)

[ excerpt/paraphrased from Chicago's Windy City Times, 3-JUL-97 ]

*** SUMMARY ***

As most of us are aware, the Southern Baptist Convention has voted
to boycott Walt Disney Co. and its subsidiaries, because Disney provides
domestic partner health benefits to its gay and lesbian employees;
because gay and lesbian tourist visit the park regularly each year;
and because Disney was a partner in 'Ellen' coming out on national television.

*** ACTION ***

Therefore, we must (once again) let Disney know we SUPPORT and APPRECIATE
what they do for the gay and lesbian community.  Also, if you're planning
on visiting (or have visted) a theme park or one of their Disney stores,
let them know that too!  They need to know they have our business.

So write a letter, send a FAX or email to:

Walt Disney Co.
CEO Michael Eisner
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

FAX: (818) 560-1930
Web/email:  http://www.disney.com/Mail

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________