Subject: ACTION ALERT: California AB101 (Floor Vote)
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 01:06:10 -0500 (CDT)

[ Moderator Note:  This is not a duplicate alert.  AB 101 has moved
  to the next legislative stage.  Please act!

  submitted by [email-masked] ]

*** SUMMARY ***

Please let us know if you do respond to this alert and, if so, how many
legislator's offices you  e-mailed. That information helps us know whether or
not these alerts are effective. It also helps us counter claims by
legislators that they receive no calls or mail in support of our side of the
issue.

A.B. 101, the Dignity For All Students Act, introduced by Assemblywoman
Sheila Kuehl, has passed all the necessary Assembly Committees and is
expected to come up for a vote on the Assembly floor next Thursday, May 15.
It will be tough to get the necessary votes that day and so it is absolutely
essential that we tell our legislators that they must vote for this bill.

A.B. 101 would prohibit discrimination against lesbian, gay and bisexual
youth in the public schools and colleges of California and it would require
teachers and school administrators to actively prohibit harassment of
lesbian, gay and bisexual students by their classmates. It is a very
important bill!

*** ACTION ***

We urge you to E-mail messages of support to the members of the Assembly who
have E-mail addresses (See the following list) (Note: you can copy and paste
the list of E-mail addresses below, to create your messages. There are 34
Assembly Members listed but you can use just one cut and paste to copy their
addresses into the address block of one message. In that case, they will
all get the message.)

The list of Assembly Member's E-mail addresses is as follows:

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

Please do not disappoint us. Send E-mail messages to the Assembly members
whose E-mail addresses are listed above. Urge your friends and family to do
the same. Then send us a message telling us how many contacts are made. 

A.B. 101 is a very important bill and we must get it passed this year.

Love,

Boyce Hinman
Lambda Letters Project

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________