Subject: ACTION ALERT: California
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 22:31:47 -0600 (CST)

FROM THE OFFICE OF CALIFORNIA ASSEMBLYMEMBER SHEILA KUEHL

AB 101 (Kuehl), The Dignity for All Students Act, has been set for
hearing in the Assembly Higher Education Committee on March 18, 1997.
Your help and support is needed for the bill's passage.  We need letters
of support for the bill and we need witnesses for the committee hearing.
Letters of support can be sent to:

Assemblymember Kuehl
State Capitol
Sacramento, CA 95814

We also need witnesses for the committee hearing in Sacramento, March 18,
1997.  We are looking for Community College, CSU or UC students,
administrators and faculty who have compelling stories about why this
legislation is necessary.  The ideal witness will be able to speak from
personal experience about anti-gay harassment and discrimination.  In
April, the bill will be heard before the Assembly Education Committee and
for that hearing we are looking for high school students, parents of
current students, and administrators who can speak about the importance
of this legislation.

If you have any suggestion for witnesses or would like more information
about the bill, please e-mail me at [email-masked]

Thank you,

Jennifer Richard
Policy Consultant
Office of Assemblymember Kuehl

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________