Subject: ACTION ALERT: Brazil Same-Sex Marriage Legislation
From: ACTION ALERT Moderator
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 18:40:30 -0500 (CDT)

[ excerpt ...  from Call-To-Action in Chicago's Windy City TImes ]

** SUMMARY **

Brazil is on the verge on legalizing same-sex marriages.  It would be
the first country to do so in the Americas.

The legislation has cleared several committees and may be voted on
in the next few weeks.

** ACTION TO TAKE **

The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission is encouraging
gays and lesbians, and their supporters to FAX statements SUPPORTING
same-sex marriage legislation in Brazil to the following individuals:

* Dep. Inocencio Oliveira, 55-61-224-1792
* Dep. Paulo Heslander, 55-61-318-2117
* Dep. Geddel Vieira Lima, 55-61-318-2109
* Dep. Jose Anibal, 55-61-318-7167

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed!                             *
* List Information:    http://www.qrd.org/qrd/electronic/email/action-alert *
_____________________________________________________________________________