Subject: DIGITAL CHICKEN
From: Eric Snyder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 17:13:50 -0500 (EST)

A number of people have asked about the "Digital Chicken" fax gateway
serving 416, 905 and 519 area codes in Canada.

Here is the posting with detailed information.  I saved this on Jan 6th so
it could be a bit out of date.

*************************************************************
D   I   G   I   T   A   L       C   H   I   C   K   E   N
*************************************************************

AN EXPERIMENT IN GOVERNMENT COMMUNICATIONS, AND INTERNATIONAL 
REMOTE PRINTING AND FAXING.

Who?

Digital Chicken is a new cooperative project between
Dr. Robert Riley and Planet Communications & Computing, of Toronto.

     Digital Chicken
     c/o Dr. Robert Riley
     157 Bastedo Avenue, Suite #2
     Toronto, Ontario
     Canada   M4C 3N2

     Telephone:  (416) 690-3833   Fax:  (416) 778-5345
     Internet:  [email-masked]

What?

The service provided by Digital Chicken is to allow people with 
Internet e-mail access to communicate quickly and efficiently with 
a variety of Canadian federal and provincial government and 
non-governmental agencies (e.g., the Prime Minister, Toronto Star, 
Toronto Blue Jays, Ontario Human Rights Commission).

E-mail may be sent to any of these agencies, and upon receipt by 
Digital Chicken the mail is immediately forwarded via fax to the 
organizations office.  In time, interested organizations will be 
shown how to access their e-mail directly, and in turn respond to 
your letters by e-mail.  At the moment, however, replies to you will 
be via fax or regular mail.

How?

Refer to the following list of Digital Chicken member agencies.  
You may e-mail to the agency(ies) of your choice by using their 
'nick' and sending mail to the following address:

<user nick>@chicken.planet.org

Remember that at the present time you must include your correct 
name, postal mailing address, and/or fax number if you wish a 
reply from the agency.
- ------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any questions/concerns, or if you would like to see an 
agency/organization included in our service, please contact 
Digital Chicken at:  [email-masked]

Further, if you wish to send a fax in the 416 or 905
area codes, you may send it to [email-masked]
and it will be forwarded on for you.  Please make the
subject line:  FAX TO <fax #>

NOTE:  PLEASE BE AWARE THAT E-MAIL IS NOT THE ROUTE FOR TRANSMITTAL OF
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.  ANY SYSTEM OPERATOR, OF ANY SITE ON THE ROUTE
YOUR MESSAGE TRAVELS, COULD READ YOUR MESSAGE.  IT IS YOUR CHOICE AND
RESPONSIBILITY TO USE E-MAIL WHEN AND WHERE APPROPRIATE.

DIGITAL CHICKEN, DR. ROBERT RILEY, NOR PLANET COMMUNICATIONS AND
COMPUTING FACILITY WILL BE HELD LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR USE OF THIS
SERVICE, OR FOR FAILURE OF YOUR MESSAGE TO REACH IT'S INTENDED
DESTINATION.  THIS IS A FREE SERVICE--USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

*indicates organizations receiving e-mail directly
- -------------------------------------------------------------
NAME                           USER NICK                 FAX
- -------------------------------------------------------------

Metro Toronto Police
  Chief McCormack               mccormac          416-324-6026
  General                       metcop            416-324-0695
  Public Complaints Bureau      metcopcb          416-324-0551
  Board of Commissioners        metcopbr          416-324-0693
Ontario Police Public
  Complaints Commissioner       opcctor           416-325-4704
Ontario Police Public
  Complaints Commissioner
  (South-West Region)-Windsor   opccsw            519-973-1470
York Regional Police            yorkcop           905-853-5810
Peel Regional Police            peelcop           905-453-7370
Ontario Provincial Police       opp               705-329-6195
Halton Regional Police          haltcop           416-825-9416
Barrie Police Service           barrcop           705-728-2971
Durham Police Service           durhcop           905-433-5053
Guelph Police Service           guelcop           519-763-0516
Hamilton-Wentworth Regional
  Police Service                hamilcop          905-546-4752
London Police Service           londcop           519-645-1908
Niagara Regional Police Service niagcop           905-685-5081
Orangeville Police Service      orangcop          519-941-1279
Sarnia Police Service           sarncop           519-344-6001
Waterloo Regional Police        watercop          519-650-1793
Windsor Police Service          windscop          519-255-6569

Municipal Governments
  Town of Ajax                  ajax              905-686-8352
  Town of Oakville              oakville          905-815-2025
  *City of Mississauga           [email-masked]
  City of Toronto               toronto           416-392-1446
    June Rowlands, Mayor Toronto  rowlands        416-392-0026
    Councillors                   council         416-392-1050
    Toronto Transit Commission    ttc             416-485-9394
  Chairman, Metro Toronto
    Council                     chairman          416-392-3799
    Metro Toronto Zoo           mtzoo             416-392-5934
  City of Etobicoke             etobicok          416-394-8895
  Borough of East York          eastyork          416-778-9134
  City of North York            noryork           416-395-7337
  City of York                  york              416-394-2803
  City of Brampton              brampton          905-874-1119
  City of Barrie                barrie            705-726-0510
  City of London                london            519-661-4892
  City of Windsor               windsor           519-255-6868
  City of Sarnia                sarnia            519-332-3995
  City of Hamilton              hamilton          905-546-2095
  City of Guelph                guelph            519-763-1269
  City of Kitchener             kitchen           519-741-2705
  City of Waterloo              waterloo          519-747-8760
  City of Niagara Falls         niagara           905-356-0759
  City of St.Catharines         stcathar          905-682-3631
  City of Welland               welland           905-732-1919
  City of Oshawa                oshawa            905-436-5697
  City of Whitby                whitby            905-686-7005
  Region of Durham              durham            905-668-9963
  City of Burlington            burlingt          905-335-7881
  City of Brantford             brantfor          519-752-6977

Government of Ontario
  Premier of Ontario              ontprem         416-325-3745
  Minister of Agriculture & Food  ontagri         416-326-3083
  Ontario Film Review Board       ontfilm         416-314-3632
  Minister of Transportation      onttrans        416-327-9185
  Minister of Economic Trade
      & Development               ontecdev        416-325-6918
  Minister of Labour              ontlabor        416-326-1449
  Minister of Health              onthlth         416-326-1571
  Minister of Finance             ontfin          416-326-9096
  Ombudsman of Ontario            ombud           416-586-3485
  Chief Electoral Officer
    of Ontario                    elect           416-321-6853
  Provincial Auditor (Ontario)    ontaudit        416-324-7012
  Lt.Gov. of Ontario              ongltg          416-325-7787
  Solicitor General and Minister
    of Correctional Service       ontsolg         416-326-5085
  Attorney General                ontatg          416-326-4016
  Minister of Natural Resources   ontnatur        416-314-2159
  Minister of Citizenship         ontcitiz        416-314-0022
  Minister of Consumer and
    Corporate Relations           ontcons         416-326-5820
  Minister of Community and
    Social Services               ontsoc          416-325-5221
  Minister of Education           ontedu          416-325-2608
    Royanl Commission on Learning rclearn         416-325-2956
  Minister of Environment         ontenvir        416-323-4682
  Minister of Housing             onthouse        416-585-6935
  Ministry of Northern
    Development & Mines           ontnorth      416-327-0665
  Ministry of Culture, Recreation
    and Tourism                 onttour         416-325-6195
  Minister Resp.for Women       ontwomen        416-314-0253

MPP Don Mills                   donmills        416-696-0181
MPP Oakville-South              oaksouth        905-842-0332
MPP Fort York                   fortyork        416-363-0835
MPP Lake Nipigon                nipigon         416-327-0968
MPP Dovercourt                  dovercou        416-653-1054
MPP Etobicoke-West              etobwest        416-695-1222
MPP Mississauga-South           misssth         905-278-1525
MPP Oriole                      oriole          416-494-2440
MPP Downsview                   dwnsview        416-740-2474
MPP Eglinton                    eglinton        416-482-2776
MPP Etobicoke-Lakeshore         etoblake        416-259-3704
MPP Beaches-Woodbine            beachwd         416-421-3741
MPP Oakwood                     oakwood         416-781-4116
MPP Etobicoke-Humber            etohumb         416-233-4321
MPP High Park-Swansea           highpark        416-762-4499
MPP Lawrence                    lawrence        416-785-4524
MPP Mississauga-North           missnor         905-826-4553
MPP Mississauga-West            misswest        905-566-5264
MPP Etobicoke-Rexdale           etobrex         416-745-5670
MPP Mississauga-East            misseast        905-276-6933
MPP Brampton-North              bramnor         905-840-7845
MPP Durham-West                 durwest         905-683-8643

Ms Lyn McLeod,
Leader, Ontario Liberal Party   ontlib          416-325-9895
Mr. Michael Harris,
Leader, Ontartio
Progressive Conservative Party  ontpc           416-325-7810

Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Offices
  Information and Privacy
   Commissioner/Ontario          ipcont          416-325-9195
  
  Provincial Govt. Ministry FOIPP Coordinators
   Min. Agriculture & food       oagffoi         416-326-3083
   Min. Attorney General         oatgfoi         416-326-4307
   Min. Consumer&Corp.Relations  occrfoi         416-326-8461
   Min. Citizenship              ocitfoi         416-325-6117
   Min. Comm.&Social Services    ocssfoi         416-730-6654
   Min. Education                oedufoi         416-325-2608
   Min. Environment              oenvfoi         416-323-4630
   Min. Housing                  ohoufoi         416-585-6935
   Min. Labour                   olabfoi         416-314-8749
   Management Brd.of Cabinet     ombcfoi         416-327-2190
   Min.Culture,Tourism,Recreat.  octrfoi         416-325-6195
   Min.Correctional Services     omcsfoi         705-494-3081
   Min. Finance                  ofinfoi         905-436-4462
   Min. Intergov. Affairs        omiafoi         416-325-4787
   Min. Natural Resources        omnrfoi         705-740-1666
   Min. Health                   omohfoi         416-327-7044
   Min. Transportation           omtofoi         416-235-5277
   Min. North.Develop.&Mines     ondmfoi         416-327-0665
   Min. Solicitor General        osolfoi         416-314-3195
  Other FOI Coordinators/Office:
   City of Toronto               torfoi          416-392-6990
   Municipality of Metro Toronto metrofoi        416-397-5624

Ontario Human Rights
  Commission                    onthumrt        416-314-4533
Canadian Human Rights
  Commission                    canhumrt        416-973-6184

Roman Catholic Archdiocese of
  Toronto                       romantor        416-977-6063
Anglican Church of Canada       anglican        416-968-7983
United Church of Canada         united          416-925-3394
Bahai' Faith Toronto            bahaitor        416-889-8184

Newspapers (including "Letters to the Editor")
  Toronto Star                  torstar         416-869-4322
  Globe and Mail                globe           416-585-5085
  Toronto Sun                   torsun          416-947-3228
  Now Magazine                  now             416-461-2886
  Xtra!                         xtra            416-925-6674
  Eye Weekly                    eye             416-971-7786
  Beaches-Metro News            beachmet        416-698-1253
  Ryersonian (Ryerson)          ryerson         416-979-5216
  Barrie Examiner               barrexam        705-726-7245
  London Free Press             frpress         519-667-4528
  Windsor Star                  winstar         519-777-2551
  Hamilton Spectator            spectat         905-521-8986
  Kitchener-Waterloo Record     record          519-894-3829
  St. Catharines Standard       standard        905-684-6032

Hospitals (Metro Toronto Area)
  The Hospital for Sick Children  sickkids        416-813-7161
  The Toronto Hospital            torhosp         416-340-5888
  Addiction Research Foundation   addict          416-595-5017
  Donwood Institute               donwood         416-425-7896
  Casey House (AIDS hospice)      casey           416-962-5147
  Humber Memorial Hospital        humber          416-249-1312
  Oakville Trafalgar Memorial
    Hospital                      trafalg         905-338-4636
  Orthopaedic/Arthritic Hospital  ortharth        416-967-8593
  Sunnybrook Health Science
    Centre                        sunny           416-480-4588
  Doctor's Hospital               doctors         416-923-1370
  Central Hospital                central         416-969-4183
  Wellesley Hospital              wellesly        416-926-4874
  North York Gen.Hospital         nyghosp         416-756-6384
  Etobicoke Gen.Hospital          eghosp          416-747-8608
  York-Finch Gen.Hospital         yfghosp         416-747-3883
  Bloorview Children's Hospital   blrview         416-494-9985
  Hugh McMillan Rehabilitation
    Centre                        hughmac         416-425-6591
  St. Michael's Hospital          stmike          416-864-5669
  St. Joseph's Health
    Centre (Toronto)              stjoetor        416-530-6346
  Queensway Gen.Hospital          queens          416-253-0111
  North York Branson Hospital     branson         416-635-2537
  Toronto East General &
    Orthopaedic Hospital, Inc.    tegh            416-469-6106
  Scarborough Centenary Health
    Centre                        scarcent        416-281-7323
  Scarborough Grace General
    Hospital                      scargrac        416-495-2631
  Scarborough General Hospital    scargen         416-438-9318
  Grace Hospital, Toronto         gracetor        416-925-3211
  Northwestern General Hospital   nwestgen        416-658-2192
  Mount Sinai Hospital            mtsinai         416-586-8787
  Princess Margaret Hospital      prmarg          416-926-6547
  Women's College Hospital        womens          416-323-7314
  Lyndhurst Hospital              lyndhrst        416-422-5216
  Peel Memorial Hospital          peelmem         905-451-8439
  Ajax-Pickering General
    Hospital                      ajaxpick        905-683-1262
  Mississauga General Hospital    missgen         905-848-7139
  Credit Valley Hospital          credit          905-820-0020
  Queen Street Mental Health
    Centre                        queenst         416-583-4307
  Clarke Institute of Psychiatry  clarke          416-979-5679
  Markham-Stouffville Hospital    mrkstouf        905-472-7086
  Shouldice Hernia Surgery        shouldic        416-889-4216
Other Hospitals:
  Bowmanville Memorial Hospital   memhosp         905-623-4088  
  Brantford General Hospital      brantgen        519-752-0098
  Grace Hospital (Windsor)        gracewin        519-255-2254
  Guelph General Hospital         ggenhosp        519-822-2170
  Hamilton General Hospital       hamilgen        905-527-1941
  Hamilton Psychiatric Hospital   hamilpsy        905-575-6038
  Henderson General Hospital      hendhosp        905-575-2641
  Chedoke-McMaster (Hamilton)
   (includes Children's Hosp.)    chedoke         905-528-3828
  Hotel Dieu Hosp.(St.Catharines) hdstcath        905-682-0663
  Hotel Dieu Hosp.(Windsor)       hotelwin        519-977-0018
  Joseph Brant Hosp. (Burlington) jbrant          905-336-6480
  Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital     kwhosp          519-749-4208
  Metropolitan General (Windsor)  metrowin        519-254-0883
  Oshawa General Hospital         ogenhosp        905-433-2794
  Royal Victoria (Barrie)         royalvic        705-726-0822
  Sarnia General Hospital         sarngen         519-336-1293
  St. Joseph's (London)           stjoelon        519-646-6028
  St. Joseph's (Sarnia)           stjoesar        519-336-2379
  St. Mary's (Kitchener)          stmarys         519-749-6597
  St. Catharines Gen.Hospital     stcgen          905-684-1468
  University Hospital (London)    univhosp        519-663-3876
  Victoria Hospital (London)      victoria        519-685-8147
  Welland General Hospital        wellhosp        905-732-3268
  Whitby General Hospital         whitgen         905-668-7480
  Whitby Psychiatric Hospital     whitpsy         905-430-4032
  Windsor Western Hospital        westwin         519-257-5121

Ontario Nurses' Association       ona             416-964-8864
College of Physicians & Surgeons  college         416-961-3330
of Ontario

Public Libraries
  Toronto Public Library          torlib          416-393-7782
  Etobicoke Public Library        etoblib         416-394-5050
  Scarborough Public Library      scarlib         416-396-8808
  Brampton Public Library         bramlib         905-799-0806
  Mississauga Public Library      misslib         905-615-3615
  City of York Public Library     yorklib         416-394-2781
  East York Public Library        eylib           416-396-3812
  North York Public Library       nylib           416-395-5542
  Metro Toronto Reference
    Library                       referenc        416-393-7229
  Hamilton Public Library         hamlib          905-546-3202
  Windsor Public Library          windlib         519-255-7207
  London Public Library           londlib         519-663-5396
  St.Catharines Public Library    stcatlib        905-688-6292
  Kitchener Public Library        kitchlib        519-743-1261
  Waterloo Public Library         waterlib        519-886-7936
  Guelph Public Library           guellib         519-824-8342
  Brantford Public Library        brantlib        519-756-4979
  Burlington Public Library       burlilib        905-681-7277
  Sarnia Public Library           sarnlib         519-337-3041
  Oshawa Public Library           oshawlib        905-433-8107
  Whitby Public Library           whitblib        905-668-7445
  Bowmanville Public Library      bowmlib         905-623-9905
  Barrie Public Library           barrlib         705-728-4322
  St. Marys Public Library        smarylib        519-284-2630
  St. Thomas Public Library       sthomlib        519-631-1987
  Niagara Falls Public Library    niaglib         905-356-7004
  Font Hill Public Library        fontlib         519-892-3392

Boards of Education
  East York Board of Education    eyedu           416-465-2237
  Etobicoke Board of Education    etobedu         416-394-3803
  Metro Toronto Roman Catholic
    Separate School Board         rcssbedu        416-229-5345
  North York Board of Education   nyedu           416-395-8210
  Peel Board of Education         peeledu         905-890-6698
  Scarborough Board of Education  scarbedu        416-396-4856
  Toronto Board of Education      toredu          416-393-9969
  York Board of Education         yorkedu         416-727-3984
  London Board of Education       lonedu          519-455-7648
  London R.C. Sep.School Board    lonssedu        519-663-9250
  Windsor Board of Education      winedu          519-255-1651
  Windsor R.C. Sep.School Board   winssedu        519-253-8397
  Lincoln Cty. Board of Education lincedu         519-685-8511
  Lincoln Cty.R.C.Sep.School Brd. linssedu        519-682-0012
  Waterloo Cty. Brd.of Education  wateredu        519-742-1364
  Waterloo Cty.R.C.Sep.School Brd.  watssedu      519-578-5520
  Hamilton-Wentworth Brd.of Ed.   hamedu          905-521-2536
  Hamilton-Wentworth R.C.Sep.
     School Board                 hamssedu        905-525-1724
  Durham Region Brd.of Education  durhedu         905-576-1457
  Durham Reg.R.C.Sep.School Brd.  durssedu        905-576-0953
  Simcoe Cty. Board of Education  simedu          705-728-2265
  Simcoe Cty.R.C.Sep.School Brd.  simssedu        705-722-6534
  Sarnia Board of Education       sarnedu         519-336-0992
  Sarnia R.C.Sep. School Board    sarssedu        519-336-5160

Television/Radio
  CityTV                          citytv          416-593-6397
  CFMT TV                         cfmttv          416-265-0509
  CFTO TV                         cftotv          416-299-2273
  Canadian Broadcasting
    Corporation (CBC)             cbc             416-963-9036
  Global Television Network       global          416-446-5371
  CTV Television Network          ctv             416-928-0907

Ontario Legal Aid Plan          olap            416-979-8669
Ontario Legal Aid Plan
  Scarborough Area              olapscar        416-750-7184

Fire Departments
  City of Toronto               torfire         416-392-0161
  City of Scarborough           scarfire        416-396-7765
  City of North York            nyfire          416-395-7286
  City of Etobicoke             etobfire        416-394-8589
  City of York                  yorkfire        416-394-2764
  Borough of East York          eyfire          416-396-3757
  Town of Ajax                  ajaxfire        905-683-8119
  City of Brampton              bramfire        905-874-2727
  City of Mississauga           missfire        905-615-3756

Ambulance Services
  Metro Toronto                 ambulanc        416-392-2008

Art Gallery of Ontario          artont          416-979-6646

Government of Canada
  Prime Minister of Canada      primemin        613-941-6900
  Minister of Health & Welfare  health          613-952-7746
  Minister of the Environment   environ         819-953-3457
  Minister of Transportation    transpor        613-995-0327
  Minister of Fisheries/Oceans  fisherie        613-990-7292
  Minister of Labour            labour          819-953-3419
  Minister of Supply & Service  supply          819-953-1908
  Minister of National Revenue  revenue         613-952-6608
  Minister of Agriculture       agricult        613-996-9219
  Minister of Consumer and
   Corporate Affairs            consumer        819-953-4930
  
  Canadian Federal Immigration
    and Refugee Board           immrefbr        416-954-1165

Political Parties
  New Democratic Party of Canada  ndpcan     613-996-9584
  Green Party of Canada           green      613-232-3081

Toronto Blue Jays               bluejays        416-341-1250
Toronto Maple Leafs             leafs           416-977-5364

- --
  Eric Snyder - Ottawa Canada  : "Introduction to Internet" - 3 hrs
  Targeted Communication Mgt   : "Internet - POWER User Workshops" - 2 days
   [email-masked]   : "Internet for Workgroups" - 1 to 2 days
      HANDS-ON COMPUTER LAB TRAINING WITH FULL FTP CONNECTIVITY

------- End of Forwarded Message