Subject: New Mailing List for an impromptu Task Force
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 92 18:20:52 PDT

I have created a new mailing list for the specific purpose of
facilitating the education of potential presidential candidate Ross Perot
about bisexuals, gays, lesbians, &c, and our issues and concerns:
Bisexual Gay Lesbian & Other Educating Perot mailing list

To subscribe, send a message to
[email-masked].  You will
automatically be sent every message on the list to date (including
this introduction) when I read your request.  I archive every message.

Ross Perot, potential presidential candidate seems to be either
undereducated or unenlightened regarding Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian and
related issues.  I feel one of the best approaches to this matter is
educating him as best we can, on a serious, personal and
non-confrontational level.  This list is for discussing, debating,
organizing and facilitating the education of Perot, who could well
become our president in the future.

I will summarize events on the list as the list progresses.
Everything I do or say is candidate for change.  (My first example
follows:)

Outline of events:
 - Brainstorming, formulation of approach (this is expected to be
   continuous, but initially this will be the only thing happening, so
   I list it up front)
 - Networking: Getting the right people to help out
 - Duplication: Are we duplicating efforts?
   If so, what should happen to this list?
 - Research:  collection of materials
 - Best way to do this?
 - How are we going to communicate with Perot?  Via technology?
 - Make Appointment with Perot
 - Come Together
 - Continuing support, education and informational access -- this is a
   commitment we make to helping this guy out.
 - End of list: The list will end when Perot is no longer a power we
   have to deal with on this scale.  I feel it is important the list
   stay in action for as long as Perot has great political and other
   societal influence (which could be many, many years!)

It is my opinion that it is better to teach Perot about who we are now
with the possibility in mind that he will becomes president, and start
him on the learning process now, rather than later (when we know
whether or not he will be president), so that in case he is President
he will have had all that much more time to think about who we are and
what we need.  Do you think this is better?

Send submissions to the list to:
[email-masked]

Send requests for subscription to:
[email-masked]