Subject: Action Alert for Gay high School Student !!
From: HawaiiGay1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 21:08:41 EST

Aloha Folks,

Another call for immediate action for a high school student who is about to be
expelled from school if he continues to recognize and support his being Gay.

This is the type of "taking action" effort the GLEA Foundation likes to
support through alert notices.  

IS THERE SOMETHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP??

Do good,

William E. Woods, MPH

******

Dear Fellow Gay Rights Advocate,

           We write to you regarding the expulsion of one of our friends,
Jeremy Garza, from Lutheran High School in Denver, Colorado.  Jeremy is a
talented and spirited person.  He was thrown out of his father's home and
has lost a lot of support from classmates, family members, and teachers
when he realized his sexuality.  About a month ago, Lutheran's principal
ruled that Jeremy would not be welcome at the school if he continues to
support the gay community.  This meant Jeremy could not display decals on
his car windows or wear clothing {unspecified}, makeup, or jewelry which
might imply that he belonged to or sympathized with the gay community. 

            It has been a difficult battle for the queer community to earn
the limited status it has gained in society, but the battle has just
begun.  Please join us in our attempt to get the queer community onto the
American breakfast table.  As we strive to move from (in)tolerance to
acceptance, please show your support.  We urge you to write a letter to
the administration of Lutheran High School at the address below. Although
all we seek is that you show your support by writing, we also hope any
further contacts or ideas you might have will get back to us. We have
nothing to lose here, and everything to gain.  Thank you for your time,
and we hope to hear from (or about) you soon! 

With Our Highest Regards,

Ash Brones
2543 S. Xavier St.
Denver, CO 80219-5615
[email-masked]

Gina Chirichigno
Hampshire #117 P.O.Box 5001
Amherst, MA 01002-5001
[email-masked]

Please write to:

HS Faculty, Administration and Students
c/o Pastor Juls Clausen
Lutheran High School
3201 W. Arizona Ave.
Denver, CO 80219