Subject: GLSTN P A T H F I N D E R NOMINATIONS
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 00:01:36 -0500

N O M I N A T I O N S   F O R   T H E 
1 99 7   G L S T N   P A T H F I N D E R   A W A R D S 

The Pathfinder Awards were created by GLSTN in 1994 to recognize those 
who have made an outstanding contribution to the fight to create schools 
where all people are respected, regardless of sexual orientation.  Past 
winners have included GLSTN co-founder Kathy Henderson (1994), Chair of 
the Massachusetts Governor's Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth David 
LaFontaine (1995), philanthropist Terrance Watanabe (1996), and the 
advisors to the Salt Lake City East High School Gay-Straight Alliance 
(1996).

In 1997, nominations will be accepted in four categories:
     Educator/School Staff
     Student
     Community Activist
     Organization

Individuals or organizations may be nominated by GLSTN members only by 
completing the form below.  GLSTN staff, national board members, chapter 
co-chairs, and their family members are ineligible for these awards.  The 
winners will be chosen by the GLSTN National Board Management Committee 
in consultation with the Executive Director.  The Pathfinder Awards will 
be presented at the GLSTN National Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah on 
March 23, 1997.  All recipients will be provided with transportation, 
lodging, and complimentary registration to the conference.  

Deadline for submission of nominations is January 15, 1997.  Nominations 
may be made via electronic mail ([email-masked]), fax (212-727-0254) or 
U.S. Mail (122 W. 26 St. Suite 1100, NY NY 10001).

Name of Nominee: _____________________________________
 
Category:  
_____Educator/School Staff  

_____Student

_____Community Activist  

_____Organization

Nominee's Address:   ____________________________________

                     ____________________________________

                     ____________________________________
                
Phone:               ____________________________________

Brief Description of Nominee's accomplishments and why these merit an 
award (150 words or less).

Name of Nominator:   ____________________________________
     
Address:             ____________________________________

                     ____________________________________

                     ____________________________________

Phone:               ____________________________________

Email:               ____________________________________

Please briefly your relationship with the individual/organization you 
have nominated:

Thank You!

========================================================

GLSTNAlert is a GLSTN news bulletin service of the The Gay, Lesbian, and 
Straight Teachers Network (GLSTN). 

========================================================

To Unsubscribe from GLSTNAlert simply send an email to [email-masked] 
with the words "Unsubscribe GLSTNAlert" in the subject line (no quotes 
and note the lack of space in GLSTNAlert).

========================================================

To Subscribe to GLSTNAlert simply send an email to [email-masked] 
with the words "Subscribe GLSTNAlert" in the subject line (no quotes and 
note the lack of space in GLSTNAlert). Also: please write your name in 
the message portion of your email.

========================================================