Subject: Jamie Lee Curtis & Clinton Advisor to Speak at GLSTN/West Con
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 07:30:39 -0500

_______________________________________________
GLSTN 
ANNOUNCEMENT
_______________________________________________
Note:  Do not respond to this address...
            send email to [email-masked]

          PLEASE CROSS-POST THIS ANNOUNCEMENT 
                          AS WIDELY AS POSSIBLE
_______________________________________________

   JAMIE LEE CURTIS AND MARSHA SCOTT FEATURED 
       SPEAKERS AT THE GLSTN/WEST CONFERNECE

      For exciting GLSTN resources go to the GLSTN Web Site,
                               THE GLSTN TOOLBOX at
                          http://www.glstn.org/freedom/

"DIVERSITY:  FROM UNDERSTANDING TO APPRECIATION"

(Los Angeles -- March 11) The Los Angeles chapter of the Gay, Lesbian &
Straight Teachers Network (GLSTN/LA) is proud to announce the Second Annual
West Coast Conference, "Diversity:  From Understanding to Appreciation," to
be held on Saturday, April 20 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  at the Center for
Early Education in West Hollywood, California.  This conference will be a
first in GLSTN history--the first time that a conference has been held at an
elementary school!  

MARSHA SCOTT AND JAMIE LEE CURTIS TO SPEAK

Marsha Scott, deputy assistant to President Clinton and his official liaison
to the gay and lesbian community, will be our keynote speaker, and Jamie Lee
Curtis, actress and mother, will present closing remarks.  Sandwiched in
between will be over 40 different workshops, along with a special preview of
the film "It's Elementary" by Academy Award-winning director Deborah
Chasnoff.

SPACE IS LIMITED, SO REGISTER EARLY!

Because of space limitations, the number of conference attendees will be
limited to 400, so those interested are encouraged to register as soon as
possible.  Registration can be sent to GLSTN/LA c/o The Center for Early
Education, 563 North Alfred St., West Hollywood, CA  90048.  Registration
fees for GLSTN members are $40 before March 29, and $55 after March 29;
non-member rates are $50 before and $65 after March 29.  Registration fees
include all workshops, continental breakfast, lunch, and a post-conference
reception.

FOR MORE INFORMATION

For more information or for a complete registration packet and program guide,
contact April Frank, Roger LaGrange or Lorne Zilkie at 213-651-0707, or
e-mail [email-masked].

                                          END OF RELEASE