Subject: Letters to Principals' Associations needed
From: [email-masked] (Jessea NR Greenman)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 07:45:46 -0800

I.  >From a 95 Jun 29 letter from the National Association of Elementary
School Principals, 1615 Duke St., Alexandria, VA, 22314-3483, Voice:
703-684-3345, Fax: 703-548-6021:

        "...we do not have such a policy (banning discrimination in
        employment practices on the basis of sexual orientation) at
        this time, but (June Million, NAESP Director of Public
        Information) thinks it's a good idea and "will bring it up to
        the [15-member] Board of Directors" (parentheses added)."

ACTION NEEDED:
        Please write to Ms. Million at NAESP to indicate your
        support for such a policy.  Encourage her to follow through
        on her promise to bring it up before the Board of Directors.
        Also, ask her to convey your comments
        to all 15 members of the organization's Board.

II.  The National Association of Secondary School Principals and the
National Association of Student Councils, which share the same
address, phone, and fax numbers at 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA,
22091, Voice: 703-860-0200, Fax: 703-476-5432, do not cover sexual
orientation in their policies and recommendations. (as of July 1995)

ACTION NEEDED:  Please write to each of these two organizations
                urging them to include nondiscrimination re sexual
                orientations in their policies.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CROSS POST WITH ATTRIBUTION
Jessea Greenman <[email-masked]>
Co-Founder, Project 21; ph/fax: 510-601-8883
586 62nd St. Oakland, CA 94609-1245
Web site, courtesy of "Gay & Lesbian Web Alliance":
        URL:  http://emanate.com/glwa/proj21

Project 21 is *always* looking for more volunteer organizers.
If you are interested, please contact Jessea as shown above.