Subject: Add Interleaf to the list
From: [email-masked] (J.T. Kittredge)
To: [email-masked]

The following is a quotation from a memo to all U.S. employees of
Interleaf Inc. (Waltham, Massachuesetts):

 2 December 1992

  Spousal Equivalent Benefits

  Beginning January 1st we will implement spousal equivalent benefits
  for gay and lesbian employees. This means that full family medical
  and dental coverage, as well as any other benefits available to
  the spouses and dependents of married heterosexual couples, will be
  made available to the partners and children of our gay and lesbian
  employees. An affidavit of Spousal Equivalency must be filled out by
  both partners attesting to the committed relationship to qualify.
  Since the state and federal governments do not recognize the legal
  status of these relationships, there are taxes payable on the value
  of the additional benefits that are not charge to "legally" married
  couples.

  Interleaf values the diversity of our employee population, and
  considers it a source of strength and creativity. We are pleased to
  be able to extend this new level of benefits, and encourage those
  employeesx eligible to take advantage of it. Enrollment will be
  treated confidentially, and will not be included in the employee's
  public record.

Yours, JonTom

800 employees.