From: [email-masked]

SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Borland International Inc.
D(NASDAQ:BORL) Monday announced an enhanced benefits package that will allow
employees to insure domestic partners under the company's health plan.

  The new policy, which took effect on July 1, makes Borland one of a few
companies nationwide to allow domestic partners to be insured.

  According to Philippe Kahn, Borland's founder and chief executive officer, 
``Since its inception, Borland has realized that our people are our most
valuable resource.  Borland is able to produce outstanding software products 
and maintain the best customer service in the industry because we hired and
retained quality people.  This program, as well as other employee benefits,
reflects this belief.''

  Under the new policy, Borland employees will be able to obtain insurance for 
a domestic partner as a dependent in the company's medical, dental and vision 
plans after satisfying the eligibility requirements.

  To qualify, domestic partners must be in a relationship of mutual caring,
must maintain the same principle residence and be responsible to each other for 
the direction and financial management of the household.

  ``Our philosophy is to respond to the needs of our employees whenever
possible,'' said Doug Cuenin, Borland's vice president of human resources.
``We are pleased to be able to provide an enhancement to our benefits package 
that addresses a very real concern.''

  For millions of software developers and end users worldwide, Borland
International Inc. is the leader in application development software. A pioneer 
in the use of object-oriented technology, Borland is committed to offering the 
world's best database management, programming languages, development tools,
spreadsheets and applications software.

  Borland's products include dBASE, Paradox, InterBase, Quattro Pro, Borland 
C++ and Turbo Pascal.  Founded in 1983 by Philippe Kahn, Borland is
headquartered in Scotts Valley.

           CONTACT: Borland International, Scotts Valley
                    Sandra Hawker, 408/439-1659
                    Steve Grady, 408/439-1621