From: "Steven Greene" <[email-masked]>

OVERVIEW OF PROPOSED PITZER COLLEGE

2       REIMBURSEMENT PLAN FOR DOMESTIC PARTNER HEALTH COVERAGE

        OBJECTIVE

4       The overall objective of the plan is to assist in providing, to
        the extent permitted by law, a measure of health expense
6       protection to employees in domestic partner arrangements that is
        comparable to that provided to employees in statutorily
8       recognized family/dependent arrangements.

        QUALIFICATIONS

10      In administering this plan the College will recognize for spousal
        equivalency status an unmarried, unrelated partner of any gender
12      whose emotional and financial relationship to an employee
        qualified them to be considered domestic partners. In addition,
14      the College will recognize for dependent equivalency status an
        unmarried dependent child, under age 19, of a qualifying domestic
16      partner.

        An employee wishing to participate in this plan will be required
18      to complete an application. The application will require the
        employee to certify that a committed relationship of shared
20      emotional and financial responsibility currently exists. Upon
        acceptance of the application by a designated representative of
22      the College, the domestic partner will be granted spousal
        equivalency status and the employee will be eligible for the
24      benefits described below.
        The employee has the right to withdraw application for spousal or
26      dependent equivalency status prospectively at any time. Unless
        application is withdrawn by the employee, spousal equivalency
28      status will be valid for as long as statutorily recognized family
        arrangements normally are.

30      The employee has the right to change the individual designated as
        a domestic partner. However, spousal equivalency status will be
32      granted to no more than one individual at any time.

        The College will make available general information and examples
34      of health plans obtainable in the open market that are accessible
        on an individual-purchase basis.[1]  It is the responsibility of
36      the employee, or the partner, to select a plan, make application
        for, and to satisfy any eligibility or underwriting requirements
38      for coverage by the selected company.[2]

        BENEFIT

40      Contingent upon the domestic partner being granted spousal
        equivalency status, and upon presentation of proof of having
42      obtained individually issued health plan coverage for the
        domestic partner, the College will reimburse the employee for the
        ---------------
44         [1] The College will make every reasonable effort to identify
        health plans backed by companies with a record of good service
46      and financial stability. However, the information presented and
        selection of examples is not to be construed as an endorsement of
48      any particular product, nor is it intended to restrict health
        plan options to those in the selection.
50         [2] The College makes no warranty as to the availability of or
        acceptance for coverage by any health plan.
52      cost of that coverage up to the dollar subsidy that the College
        makes available under the qualified group health plan(s) to a
54      statutorily recognized spouse.[3]

        Contingent upon the dependent child of a domestic partner being 

56      granted dependent equivalency status, and upon presentation of
        proof of having obtained individually issued health plan coverage
58      for the dependent, the College will reimburse the employee for
        the cost of that coverage up to the dollar subsidy that the
60      College makes available under the qualified group health plan(s)
        to a legal dependent.[4]

62      Reimbursement will be made on a monthly basis, regardless of the
        manner in which the premium is paid.

64      No reimbursement will be made for any month prior to the domestic
        partner's (and dependent of the partner) attaining
66      spousal/dependent equivalency status.

        CONDITIONS

68      This reimbursement plan is not available to an employee with a
        legal spouse covered under the qualified group health plan(s).
        ---------------
70         [3] The subsidy made available to a statutorily recognized
        spouse is the result obtained by subtracting the subsidy for
72      "employee-only" coverage from the subsidy for "employee plus one"
        (dependent) coverage.
74         [3] The subsidy made available to a legal dependent is the
        result obtained by subtracting the subsidy for "employee plus
76      one" coverage from the subsidy for "employee plus two or more"
        (dependents) coverage.
78      Reimbursement is limited to one spousal equivalent benefit, and
        if applicable, one dependent benefit, in any one month.

80      Any tax liability on the reimbursement is the responsibility of
        the employee. If required by federal and/or state regulations,
82      the College will comply with applicable withholding and reporting
        requirements.

84      Dependent equivalent status is contingent upon the domestic
        partner being maintained in spousal equivalent status.

86      It is the responsibility of the employee to notify the College of
        any change in the relationship.

88      Dependent equivalent status may be continued up to age 24 if the
        dependent is a full-time student.

90      This program is intended to benefit active employees of the
        College who elect and qualify for participation. The College has
92      no direct obligation to a domestic partner, or to the dependent
        of a domestic partner.

94      It is intended that this program will be continued indefinitely.
        However, the College reserves the right to modify or discontinue
96      this program at any time.

        This program is not available to former employees of the College.
98      Eligibility for active employees ends upon termination,
        regardless of reason for termination.

100     Qualification for a benefit under this program does not at this
        time confer eligibility under any other program sponsored by the
102     College.

---
        [This form and the information contained herein will be used
        exclusively for qualifying for benefits offered at Pitzer College
        and will not be released to any third party]

                        PITZER COLLEGE

                APPLICATION FOR DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP

        This application for domestic partnership is being made by an
        active Pitzer employee who is working on a regular schedule of
        half-time or more:

        We, the undersigned, do declare that:

                We are not related by blood;
                Neither of us is married, nor are we related by marriage;
                We share the common necessities of life;
                We are each other's domestic partner and have been each
                        other's domestic partner since ________________;
                We are the sole domestic partner of each other and have no
                        other domestic partners;
                We are both over 18 years of age;
                We are responsible for each other's welfare;
                We agree to notify the College of any change in the status
                        of our domestic partnership agreement.

        I declare, under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the State
        of California, that the statements herein are true and correct.

                Executed on ___________________________________ , at
        ________________________________________________, California.

_____________________________               _____________________________
Signature                                   Signature

_____________________________               ______________________________
Print Name                                  Print Name

_____________________________               ______________________________
Address                                     Address

_____________________________               ______________________________
City, State, Zip Code                       City, State, Zip Code

_____________________________               ______________________________
(Area Code) Telephone                       (Area Code) Telephone

WITNESS: ________________________________
         Claremont College Representative