Subject: Damron Accommodations 2nd Ed. (Press Release)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:40:35 -0800

PRESS RELEASE
for immediate release                                              contact:
Ian Philips
(800) 462-6654

Setting the Standard:
Damron Accommodations Second Edition

In 1995, the Damron Company released the first edition of Damron
Accommodations, America's first full color guide to lesbian and gay
accommodations. The book won accolades from gay travel industry leaders and
became an instant favorite with gay and lesbian travelers. Now the
publishers of the original gay and lesbian travel guides are proud to
announce the release of Damron Accommodations Second Edition.

This large-format, full color guide lists 1100 gay-friendly accommodations.
In addition to the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, Damron
Accommodations Second Edition features new listings for Europe and
Australia.

The information-packed listings help travelers choose the right
accommodation for their needs and budget. Each accommodation has provided
Damron with detailed descriptions of clientele, rooms, amenities, meals,
nearby attractions, local public transit (including taxis and airport
shuttles), wheelchair access, onsite recreation, pets on premises, policies
on children, pets, reservations, cancellations and discounts, travel agent
commissions, and rates.

Lavishly illustrated with hundreds of photographs, Damron Accommodations
Second Edition also includes essays penned by the accommodation owners
themselves. Also featured throughout are suggestions on nearby restaurants
and tourist attractions.

Travelers and travel agents alike will appreciate the multiple indexes.
These user-friendly lists point the way to men-only and women-only
accommodations, as well as those that welcome children, provide wheelchair
access, offer camping/RV facilities, feature rates under $50, offer
commissions to travel agents, or are International Gay Travel Association
affiliates.

Damron Accommodations Second Edition is quite simply the most informative,
attractive and easy-to-use gay and lesbian accommodation guide on the
market. No wonder the Damron Company was the proud recipient of this year's
Out & About Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Gay Travel Media. After
thirty-three years in business, Damron remains the first name and last word
in gay travel.

............................................................................
..........................
       The Damron Company publishes lesbian & gay travel guides.
     For more information, call 800-462-6654 or 415-255-0404.
                           HTTP://WWW.DAMRON.COM/