Subject: Karl Heinrich Ulrichs: 175 Years of Pride in 2000
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:57:14 EDT

___________________________________
This is a personal invitation to celebrate the 175th birthday anniversary of 
Karl Heinrich Ulrichs, the first known person to speak out publicly in 
defense of same-sex rights more than 130 years ago.

I've prepared a text and picture website with the details of the invitation 
(works best in Netscape Navigator): <A 
HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/celebration2000/">CELEBRATION 2000: Karl 
Heinrich Ulrich: 175 Years of Gay Pride</A> 

http://www.angelfire.com/fl3/celebration2000

It takes about a half-hour to read. I've used the word Gay to be inclusive of 
everyone interested in same-sex love -- that "riddle of nature."

I also spent months surfing the web to make my own address list. I saw many 
wonderful sites and read many interesting bulletin boards, guest books, and 
lists. Gay activism is alive and well. Keep up the good work!

Please pass this email on to as many people or places as possible. I'm 
sending this out early for Gay History Month (October) and to give you plenty 
of time to make travel arrangements.

I hope you'll do three things: (1) go to L'Aquila if you can or (2) do 
something in some way to celebrate, and (3) write something by email or 
regular mail that I can put into the festschrift/memory book (see the web 
site for details).

I hope you enjoy the website and will celebrate this great man's life with 
people from around the world on August 28, 2000, and throughout the whole 
year. Let's find unity via the Web!

In Gay love,
Paul Nash