Subject: BOUNCE [email-masked]: Non-member submission from [[email-masked] (by way of [email-masked] (South Asian Lesbian & Gay Association - NYC))]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 11:59:51 -0700

>From glbpoc-owner  Wed Aug 16 11:59:45 1995
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 14:59:27 -0400
To: Khush <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (by way of [email-masked] (South Asian Lesbian & Gay
 Association - NYC))
Subject: James White Literary Review; Call for Submissions

     The James White Review, one of America's foremost gay literary review
     magazines, is publishing a special issue devoted to the literary and
     artistic expression of Indian gays and lesbians.  We invited
     submissions of fiction, essays, journals, poetry and art(photographs
     B/W, photographs of paintings, drawings, etc.)  Gays and Lesbians of
     Indian origin who are living outside the country are asked to submit
     works which deal with Indian themes.  Individuals residing in India
     are especially encouraged to submit.  Those writings in vernacular
     languages should submit work and their English translations if
     possible.  Though we aim for a spread in representation of gender and
     geography the final criteria for selection will be based on quatlity
     and content of each piece.  There is a possibility of submissions for
     this issue being included in a collection published in book fortmat.

     Please type and proofread your copy and include your name (pseudonym
     if desired), address and phone/fax number(s) on at least the title
     pages.  If your work has been created using a computer we would
     appreciate, in addition to paper printouts, copies of the submissions
     saved in text (ASCII) format on a 3.5" disk.  It is extremely
     important that you retain the original copies as the Indian (or any
     other) postal system is not reliable.  All material will be returned
     if so requested.  Those submitting works from America, please include
     a self-addressed-stamped-envelope.  Renumeration will be $50 for prose
     and $20 for poetry and art work.  The deadline for submissions is
     January 1, 1996.  Send materials to JWLR,India issue,P.O. Box 3356,
     Traffic Station, Minneapolis MN 55403 USA.

     Please contact [email-masked] if you have any further questions.