From: [email-masked] (Thomas W. Holt Jr.)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 1994 18:44:41 GMT

--- Forwarded message follows ---
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 12:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tom Freeman <[email-masked]>
Subject: Those Radical Feminists and Homosexuals!

Hi there,

A co-worker brought in this terribly horrendous magazine called "American
Family Association Journal."  It is the magazine of Donald Widmon and his
crazies that are trying to keep Gays and Lesbians out of the media and
off television/movies you name it.

Anyway, I saw this ad in their magazine, and given the discussion about
telephone service lately, I thought you might want to read it

"ARE YOU AS COMMITTED TO FAMILY VALUES AS THE RADICAL FEMINISTS AND
HOMOSEXUALS ARE TO THEIR LEFTIST AGENDAS?

Nearly every group of radical left wingers in America is being encouraged
to switch their long distance phone service to carriers who give a
percentage of their phone bills to causes such as the National Gay and
Lesbian Task Force, Planned Parenthood of America and the Lamda Legal
Defense and Education Fund.

THEY ARE POOLING THEIR FINANCIAL RESOURCES TO PROMOTE THEIR ANTI-FAMILY,
ANTI-GOD CAUSES.  Well-known left wing personalities such as Gloria
Steinem, Ben Cohen (Ben and Jerry's) Pamela J. Maraldo (Planned
Parenthood of American [sic]), and others are leading their names to
solicitation letters for such companies as "Working Assets."

Those of us who believe the nation desperately needs to return to
traditional family values now have the same opportunity to unite for our
cause through LIFELINE.

It works like this:  When you switch to Lifeline Long Distance Service,
10% of your long distance billing will be given to American Family
Association.  It won't cost you anything and in most cases, your long
distance phone bill will decrease.

Lifeline is a major long distance carrier like AT&T, MCI, Sprint, etc,
except, like us, Lifeline is committed to family values and decency.  You
will see no Lifeline ads on trash television.

STAND UP.  BE COUNTED.  SWITCH TODAY TO LIFETIME  1-800-493-2002"

So...whady'll think?

As John Prine says, "It's a Big Old Goofy World"