Subject: Les/Gay History Month Packet Info
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 13:37:43 -0800

In this, the first year of an effort to recognize/celebrate
Lesbian/Gay History Month in October, the National Coordinating
Committee has developed the following resource materials packets for
use in various categories, as described below:

1.  LGHM Curriculum packet.  This packet includes materials that could
be used to augment a regular history curriculum, whether high school
or university level, with information about LesBiGay people and
events.  Concrete ideas, with sources and activity suggestions are
included.  Basis of packet is an 11 page "suggested activities"
created by Torey Wilson, a Chicago high school teacher who is a member
of the NCC.  Finally, the packet includes other sources for curriculum
materials.  Who would want this packet?  High school teachers (and
students), college/university teachers and students, LesBiGay student
organizations, administrators interested in augmenting curriculum with
LesBiGay materials, libraries/librarians, media interested in
curriculum issues.
 
To receive a copy of the Curriculum packet, send name and address and
$5 to: Lesbian & Gay History Month, c/o Gerber/Hart Library &
Archives, 3352 N.  Paulina, Chicago, IL 60657.  Checks should be made
payable to Gerber/Hart with a notation in the memo section: "NLGHM"
 
2.  General resource packet.  This packet includes general information
about celebrating LGHM, including bibliographical information,
time-line, "facts and figures," list of curriculum resources available
elsewhere, endorsing organizations, and national calendar of events.
Who would want this packet?  Regular folks interested in learning more
about LesBiGay history, organizations interested in ideas about
celebrating LGHM, government officials, media, churches.
 
To receive a copy of the Resource packet, send name and address and $5 to:
Lesbian & Gay History Month, c/o Gerber/Hart Library & Archives, 3352 N.
Paulina, Chicago, IL  60657.  Checks should be made payable to Gerber/Hart
with a notation in the memo section: "NLGHM"
 
3.  Local organizing packet.  This includes much of the information in
the general resource packet and the curriculum packet, plus sample
press releases and other documents helpful in setting up a local
coordinating council.  Those who request a local organizing packet in
an area where local organizing is already underway will be sent a
letter explaining this and will be sent a resource packet (which
duplicates much of what is already in the local organizing packet).
 
To receive a copy of the Local Organizing Packet, send name and address and
$5 to:  Lesbian & Gay History Month, c/o Gerber/Hart Library &
Archives, 3352 N. Paulina, Chicago, IL  60657.  Checks should be made
payable to Gerber/Hart with a notation in the memo section:  "NLGHM"

To be placed on the endorsement list of LGHM or to place your event on the
national calendar of events for LGHM, send a letter with all details to the
LGHM address above.