From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 94 08:22:01 EDT

BOY, IF I COULD JUST GET GLAAD LA TO DO THE SAME THING WITH DISNEY IN LOS
ANGELES....BUT ALAS....MAYBE AFTER QTV DOES THEIR INTERVIEW WITH US THIS
WEEKEND.....

 Gay Rights Group:  COKE-It Aint the Real thing Baby, un unh!

 5 May 94 

 ATLANTA (AP) -- A gay rights group has targeted the Coca-Cola
Co., a major Olympic sponsor, in the campaign to persuade Cobb
County commissioners to rescind a resolution condemning homosexual
life.
 The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation announced a
campaign Thursday to pressure Coca-Cola for its ``refusal to
denounce or disavow'' a decision by Atlanta Olympic officials to
hold preliminary volleyball events in Cobb in 1996.
 The group said it is calling for consumers to demand that
Coca-Cola end its silence. It also plans to warn establishments
frequented by homosexuals their clientele may be unwilling to
purchase Coke products should the sponsor refuse.
 Coca-Cola spokesman Randy Donaldson said the company has ``no
responsibility for the venue selection process or no influence in
that process.''
 Lyn May, a spokeswoman for the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic
Games, said, ``We regret that GLAAD feels it's necessary to go an
Olympic sponsor to try to resolve an issue that we hope can be
resolved in Cobb County by those people who are most directly
affected.''
 GLAAD said it would initially concentrate its campaign in New
York City, where a million homosexuals are expected for ``Unity
'94'' festivities next month.