From: [email-masked] Tue Aug 23 15:27:18 1994

[ Send all responses to [email-masked] only. All responses to
the list or list owner will be returned! ]

Toni A.H. McNaron, Professor of English and Women's Studies at the
University of Minnesota, seeks gay and lesbian faculty to participate in
an ethnographic study of American universities and colleges in relation
to the lesbian and gay people who work in them.  This study will
interweave personal narratives of lesbian and gay faculty with
quantitative data and theoretical analyses of historical and cultural
contexts for lesbian and gay issues in higher education.  One goal is to
delineate the complexities of individual actions and consciousness within
socially and historically defined circumstances.

Respondents should be academic professionals who have worked in colleges
and universities for at least 15 years.  Closeted gay and lesbian faculty
are especially encouraged to participate.  Anonymity will be strictly
maintained.

For more information or to request a questionnaire, reply privately to
this message (the account of her research assistant, Carolyn Law) or
reply to Toni McNaron <[email-masked]> or write her at
Department of English, University of Minnesota, 207 Church Street SE,
Minneapolis, MN  55455.