From: [email-masked] (Rich Cowan)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 94 15:52:20 EST

November 1, 1994

Calling all peace and justice activists:

   The University Conversion Project is still seeking applicants for
spring and summer internships at our office near Harvard Square,
Cambridge.  Interns will be compiling and sending out resources to
campus activists and journalists, including UCP's soon-to-be-released
Campus Organizing Guide for Peace and Justice Groups, the Guide to
Uncovering the Right on Campus, and soon-to-be created resources to
assist campus journalists.
   We seek students with some activism or journalism experience who
want to learn from working with a growing non-profit organization.
UCP is just hiring its first full-time paid staff (details in another
message posted today).  Interns are usually not paid, except for
work-study arrangements or small stipends in a few cases.
   If you are interested, please send your us-mail address to
[email-masked], and we will send along a new application form that
has all the details.
   For boston-area activists, we also are looking for an intern to
work on establishing a Boston Center for Student Activism, which
will be a clearinghouse for the 150 campus peace and justice groups
on campuses in metropolitan Boston.

   If you have any questions, please send e-mail or call 617-354-9363.

Rich Cowan, Clearinghouse Coordinator
University Conversion Project
Box 748, Cambridge, MA  02142

Note: UCP is governed by a steering committee currently consisting of
Jean Douthwright (RIT), Jeremy Smith (U of Florida), and Matt Green
(Union College); the steering committee will be expanding soon and
we will be seeking nominations.

The University Conversion Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
Women and People of Color are especially encouraged to apply.