Subject: SFAF (NAPWA) to ACT UP/GG: Sunshine kills us, stay away
From: M Petrelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 02:48:15 EST

[dear friends,
the following form letter has been received by several act up/golden gate
members. the letter is in response to their unsuccessful attempts to gain
entry into the november 1997 s.f.a.f. board meeting. you can email your
concerns directly to the head of s.f.a.f. at
>>>[email-masked]<<< --mp]

1 December 1997

We have reviewed your request to be present and give public testimony at all
upcoming San Francisco AIDS Foundation board of director's meetings.

Currently, the board of directors has a written policy that it follows
regarding public attendance and testimony at meetings. I have enclosed a copy
of this policy for your information. The board asks that you follow this
process for each meeting you would like to observe or present testimony. If
you have any questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact me
or Joe Fera at (415) 487-3053.

For your information, there are currently no further board meetings scheduled
in 1997. The schedule for 1998 meetings will be set in January. As soon as the
meeting schedule is determined, we will be glad to foward that information to
you.

The San Francisco AIDS Foundation is a private not for profit corporation. The
foundation currently receives only 21.6% of its annual budget from government
sources -- federal, state and city funds. For these, and other reasons, we
have no obligation to comply with the San Francisco Sunshine Ordinance.

The board of directors gathers information from the community in a variety of
ways -- public testimony, presentation to the board at board meetings, formal
research and one-to-one meetings with organizations and individuals. The
latter method offers thoughtful discussions about issues of substance,
including the work of the foundation. We certainly welcome attendance and
testimony at board meeting; however, meeting time is limited and given the
structure of the meeting itself, other venues might offer better opportunities
for more thoughful and meaningful discourse.

If you have further questions or would like to schedule a meeting with members
of the board, please contact me.
Sincerely,
Paul Wisotzy, chair, board of directors, (415) 487-3000

[paul wisotzky is also on the board of directors of n.a.p.w.a., a group which
does not endorse sunshine statutes at a.s.o.'s. in my opinion, n.a.p.w.a. does
NOT represent the interests of aids victims because its board is riddle with
profiteers who run a.s.o.'s. the e.d. of the s.f.a.f. also sits on the
n.a.p.w.a. board. --mp]