Subject: Unhappy Presidents' Day
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 09:54:26 -0500

INACTION = MURDER
Bill Clinton you are no leader or friend of ours in ending America's HIV
holocaust.

Bill Clinton, this Presidents' Day, let ACT UP San Francisco take you on a
trip down memory lane to reflect on your broken promises and failed
leadership in confronting the AIDS epidemic.

Slick Willie, these are some of your most contemptable crimes against people
with AIDS. You should be ashamed.

1) You signed into law AIDSphobic legislation that fires all HIV-infected
military personnel and subsequently denies these veterans health benefits
despite your stated personal belief that such laws are illegal,
discriminatory and unjust. With HIV/AIDS advocates like you who needs enemies
like Bob Dornan and Jesse Helms? Get a spine, swine.

2) You fired proactive, outspoken AIDS advocate and Surgeon General Jocelyn
Elders yet created the powerless position of AIDS Policy Director and staffed
it with that uninspired, bureaucratic goon Kristine Gebbie. Now that Gebbie
is gone, can you really recall the name or accomplishments of the AIDS patsy
that succeeded her?

3) You invited Queer leaders over to your house for dinner and forced them to
endure AIDSphobic treatment by blue-gloved bigots. Gloves are for fisting not
for feasting!

4) You refused to lift the immigration ban on HIV-positive travelers despite
your campaign promise to the AIDS community that you would. Liar! 

5) You force-fed us lip service and lies instead of forming that often
promised Manhattan/Apollo-style project to cure AIDS. What's the holdup
Willie?

6) You gave your presidential stamp of approval to the hijacking of AIDS
research efforts by profiteering pharmaceutical companies and the virologists
and clinicians on their payrolls. The quest to find a cure has now
disintigrated into nothing but a mass marketing opportunity for pushing
expensive tests and unproven products onto a desperate, dying community.

The members of ACT UP SF want to remind you on this Presidents' Day that
America is rotting from the inside out with AIDS while you do NOTHING. Your
continued cowardice and inaction in the face of this viral holocaust will
secure your place in the history books as America's most dismal failure who
masqueraded as President.

Have a miserable day.

You suck.