Subject: ACT UP Washington DC "celebrates" another four years.....
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 15:03:08 -0500 (EST)

ACT UP Washington's
Inaugural Committee
Schedule of Activities
202.547.6780
"honoring those Americans with HIV surviving their fourth presidential
inauguration without a national plan for an AIDS cure"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday  January 19, 1997  5:00 PM
In front of Ozone at 1214 18th ST, NW
ACT UP members to crash the  "Red Ribbon Inaugural Gala" Activists vow to
expose The Beltway's Biggest AIDS Profiteer, Tom Sheridan.  Sheridan's
AIDSPAC has pocketed over $1.5 million over the last four years.  Less than
8% of those funds were used for their stated purpose -- the distribution to
"AIDS-friendly" congressional candidates.
Sunday, January 19th at 6:00 PM
"Justice Vigil"  DuPont Circle
ACT UP members will join members of the Gay and Lesbian Faith Community for a
"Justice Vigil"  Reminding America and the President that over a quarter
million Americans will not be here to dance and party.  They have died of
AIDS.  
Monday, January 20th  at 8:00 AM
Metropolitan AME Church
1518 M Street, NW
(begin to assemble at 7:00 am)
ACT UP's Steve Michael and the Rev. Mel White of MCC Churches and others will
partipate in an AIDS Awareness Action at National Prayer Service 

While others choose to celebrate Bill Clinton's second term, ACT UP members
will focus on his four year AIDS record of lies, lip service and betrayal.
 More Americans have died of AIDS since Bill Clinton's first inauguration
than before January 20, 1993.

for more information contact
ACT UP Washington at 202.547.6780
":What's required in not complicated.  But it requires leadership, a plan,
and the national resolve to implement it."
from the final report of the National Commission on AIDS
June, 1993

INDIVIDUALS WISHING TO PARTICPATE AND REQURING FURTHER DETAILS CAN CALL ACT
UP WASHINGTON AT 202.547.6780