Subject: Clinton should pay hotel tax to DC Government!!!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:11:51 -0500 (EST)

contact Steve Michael  @ 202.547.6780
February 26, 1997    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EMAIL   [email-masked]
++++++++++++++++++++++++

DC Council Candidate to Bill Clinton...
The DNC must Pay the DC Hotel tax on Lincoln bedroom rentals!!!
Washington, DC  AIDS activist Steve Michael is demanding that President
Clinton reimburse the District government at least one million dollars in
unpaid motel/hotel taxes.  Clinton has come under fire for renting out the
Lincoln bedroom at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in exchange for tens of millions
of dollars in revenue for the Clinton/Gore reelection campaign.

 "Bill Clinton has turned the White House into an overpriced Motel Six.  He
should be subject to the same hotel taxes as the honest innkeepers doing
business in the nation's capital." states Michael, who is a leading contender
for the vacant council seat in Washington DC's Ward Six. 

 Last year, Michael challenged Clinton in the New Hampshire Democratic
Primary as the HIV positive candidate for President.  Michael's presidential
campaign aired a series of contraversial television commercials blasting
Clinton's failed AIDS record, featuring safe sex information and the first
ever syringe-cleaning demonstration.
 "This is just another example of the federal government cutting into the
District's revenue." Michael adds. "If the Clinton's Motel 1600 were subject
to the same taxation, business licensing, and inspection as other hotels, we
wouldn't need a federal bailout."

SOLVE DC'S FISCAL CRISIS...
TAX BILL CLINTON'S MOTEL 1600!!!
 Michael concludes, "With 911 guests staying at the White House, paying
anywhere from $50,000 to $350,000 for an overnight stay and a cup of coffee,
the Clinton scheme could turn into a cash cow for the cash strapped District
of Columbia, where poor people are losing their food stamps and other forms
of public assistance under Clinton's welfare reform plan."

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power
ACT UP Washington DC
can be reached at.....
825 5th Street NE Suite A
Washington, DC 20002
_________________________________

to join or contribute to the Steve Michael Campaign
contact Wayne Turner or Allen Ritter  @ 202.547.6780
volunteers always needed!!!!
contributions welcome but limited to $500.

Sorry...no access to the Lincoln Bedroom (even if Steve wins and slaps a tax
lien on the Motel 1600).
EMAIL   [email-masked]
++++++++++++++++++++++++