Subject: Letter and endorsement form--Hands Around WHouse)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 09:23:51 -0400

Dear Friends:
 ACT UP in Washington, DC is organizing once again 'Hands Around the White
House' during the 1996 AIDS Memorial Quilt Display in Washington, DC on
October 12, at 1 PM.  Individuals and organizations are invited to join with
AIDS activists in peaceful demonstration focusing on long neglected HIV
prevention strategies, such as needle exchange programs, which are
dramatically underfunded due to a long-standing federal ban.
 The last 'Hands Around the White House' in 1992 drew more than 10,000
participants and garnered considerable media attention.  To sign on as a
co-sponsor, please fax, e-mail, or send a statement of support to the address
listed above (include a copy of your logo if you want it to appear on posters
or other promotional materials).
 We also need to raise approximately $2000 for advertising, promotion, and
logistics.  (The Park Police has asked us to provide our marshalls with
walkie talkies to help coordinate the crowds.)  Your support is appreciated.

Wayne Turner
Event Coordinator
ACT UP Washington, DC
EVENT SPONSORSHIP FORM

Yes, count us is as a sponsor of ACT UP WDC's Third Hands Around Action.

Enclosed is our contribution of $__________.

Name _____________________________________________________

organization ________________________________________________

address ___________________________________________________

city __________________________ state ______ zip code ___________

phone ___________________ fax _____________e-mail ____________

The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power
ACT UP Washington DC

825 5th Street NE Suite A
Washington, DC 20002

phone 202.547.6780
fax 202.547.6782
e mail [email-masked]

EVENT SPONSORSHIP FORM

Yes, count us is as a sponsor of ACT UP WDC's Third Hands Around Action.

Enclosed is our contribution of $__________.

Name _____________________________________________________

organization ________________________________________________

address ___________________________________________________

city __________________________ state ______ zip code ___________

phone ___________________ fax _____________e-mail ____________
The AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power
ACT UP Washington DC

825 5th Street NE Suite A
Washington, DC 20002

phone 202.547.6780
fax 202.547.6782
e mail [email-masked]