Subject: IRS 990: Fenway Community Health Center
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 00:20:04 -0400 (EDT)

(the following information was gathered from the IRS 990 forms for Boston's
Fenway Community Health Center for the fiscal year that ended on june 30,
1996, and from the group's financial statements, for the same period of time,
as presented in an overall independent auditor's report. you can reach the
group at 617-267-0900. --MP)

The following person was the sole person listed in the IRS 990 section that
asks for the compensation of the top officers:

Deborah Ruhl, executive director                          $86,124

The following people were listed in the section for the five highest paid
employees:

Stephen Boswell, physician                               $139,256
John Applebaum, physician                                $132,500
C. Garner, physician                                          $111,500
James Bonanno, physician                                 $101,000
Fed Erebia, physician                                         $ 99,500

The following lone person was listed in the section for the highest paid
independent contractors. This is the section where the LA Gay Center and the
SF AIDS Foundation listed fees paid to Pallotta and Associates, the producer
of the AIDS rides. Though the Fenway is a beneciary of the Boston to NYC AIDS
ride, the Fenway does not say in these forms, how much they paid Pallotta.

Jospeh Sullivan, cleaning services                         $61,919

The following is >excerpted< from the Fenway's financial statements.

"Fundraising revenues and expenses from annual events are recorded as
unrestricted revenues and expenses when revenues are received and expenses
are incurred. Also, see note 7. Special events for the year ended June 30,
1996, include the following annual and one-time events:

                                  Revenues                    Expenses
          Net
AIDS Ride - 1995       $2,697,969                  $1,051,088
          $1,646,881
AIDS Ride - 1996            561,653                      665,093
             (103,440)
The Dinner Party             196,323                        96,413
                99,910
Other                             125,273                        93,635
                31,638
The Men's Event               74,736                        36,452
                38,284

Total                          $3,655,954                  $1,942,681
          $1,713,273

The AIDS Ride - 1996 occurred in September, 1995, and the AIDS Ride - 1996
occurred in September, 1996. The [Fenway] Center receives revenues and incurs
expenses throughout the year. All other special events occured within the
year ended June 30, 1996."