Subject: Steve Michael has died of AIDS
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 19:52:02 EDT

PLEASE REPOST!!    PLEASE REPOST!!    PLEASE REPOST!!

(dear friends,
per the instructions of wayne turner i am sending our this official death
notice about aids warrior steve michael's death from aids.  further
announcements from wayne will be forthcoming from him directly, as soon as his
computer system is hooked up.  --mp)

Steve Michael, age 42, founder of ACT UP/Washington, DC,  the AIDS Coaliton To
Unleash Power, died on Monday, May 25 at 11:12 a.m., of AIDS.  Michael's
partner of seven years, Wayne Turner, gave the order to disconnect Michael
from life support after his condition severly worsened early Monday morning.
Michael had spent almost four weeks in the intensive care unit at Washington
Hospital Center for treatment of AIDS related pneumonia.

A political funeral will be held on Thursday, June 4, in Layfaytte Park in
front of the White House at 12:30 p.m.  Turner has made arrangments with
federal authorities to hold Michael's funeral, which will be his last White
House protest.  All media calls should be directed to the ACT UP/Washington
office number, 202-547-9404.  Only Turner is permitted to explain the details
of the Michael's funeral to reporters.  Visit ACT UP/Washngton's web site at
www.actupdc.org.  In lieu of flowers, donations and condolences, which are
much appreciated, should be sent to ACT UP/Washington, 408 "H" Sttreet, NE,
Washington, DC 20002.  Turner asks that all DC area activists who wish to
carry on our work, gather signatures for the medical marijuana ballot
initiative number 59.

The AIDS crisis is not over.  ACT UP!  FIGHT BACK!  FIGHT AIDS.