Subject: Fwd: May 4, 12 pm news conference at Whitman Walker Clinic in DC
From: M Petrelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 22:04:46 EDT

PLEASE REPOST!!    PLEASE REPOST!!    PLEASE REPOST!!

                                 THE ACCOUNTABILITY PROJECT
For Immediate Release                                     Contact: Michael
Petrelis
May 3, 1994                                                               Ph.
: 202-588-7109

         ACTIVISTS TO RELEASE FIVE YEARS WORTH OF I.R.S. 990 FORMS

                        FOR THE WHITMAN WALKER AIDS CLINIC

Washington, DC -- Members of the AIDS Service Providers Accountability Project
today announced they will hold a news conference in front of the Whitman
Walker Clinic to disseminate five years of tax returns for the AIDS charity.
The forms are known as IRS 990s and they detail Fiscal management of the
agency.  Included in the IRS 990s are salaries for the highest paid employees
at the clinic.

The event takes place on:

          Monday, May 4
          12 noon
	     1407 "S" Street, NW, at 14th Street, Washington, DC

Jim Graham, the executive director of the clinic is also a Democratic Party
candidate for the District's Ward One City Council seat.  As a candidate,
according to the Accountability Project, Graham has a duty to explain the
data, especially the compensation package he receives, contained in the IRS
990s for his clinic.

The www.accountabilityproject.com Internet site has several year's of Whitman
Walker Clinic IRS 990 reports available there for public inspection.

"We hope D.C. voters closely examine the clinic's IRS 990s before they cast
their ballots.  How Graham operates the largest AIDS charity in the region
will guide his future actions as a politician, should he win his race," said
Michael Petrelis, a spokesperson for the Accountability Project.

According to the latest IRS 990s for the clinic, Graham made $143,000 last
year.