Subject: Lambda Legal, Walden House, Healing Alt. Fdtn. IRS 990s
From: M Petrelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 01:40:39 EDT

dear friends,

the quest to find an executive director of an aids related agency in s.f. run
by a man who is paid more than the e.d. of the s.f. aids foundation, a woman,
has finally found him.  mr. alfonso acampora heads s.f.'s walden house, a drug
rehab program with a heavy emphasis on hiv/aids connected to substance use.
he was compensated two years ago to the tune of $185,810 and a $14,730,949
budget.  that compares with the s.f. aids foundation's director pay of
$162,294 and a $16,228,136 overall budget.  

you can now find condensed versions of walden house's i.r.s. 990 forms at
www.accountabilityproject.com on the web.

the lambda legal defense fund's condensed i.r.s. 990s, along with the latest
condensed i.r.s. 990 form for s.f.'s healing alternative foundation are now
availaablon our site.  for those who just want to know what the top people
make at these agencies, i'll tell you.  the director of lambda, kevin cathart,
makes $138,591.  the h.a.f. did not list any paid emlpoyees, but it is a small
volunteer run group.

the total number of groups represented at our site is 31 and there are 79
condensed i.r.s. 990 forms located there.  please pay a visit to
www.accountabilityproject.com.  thanks.

--mp