Subject: GMHC's full IRS 990 form available via snailmail
From: M Petrelis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 02:40:59 EST

dear friends,

as many of you may recall, my request to the gay men's health crisis aids
agency in new york city for their i.r.s. tax returns was denied four months
ago, pending payment of $25 per document i was requesting.  instead of dealing
with g.m.h.c., i sent a request for the agency's most recent i.r.s. 990 form
to the i.r.s. customer service center in utah in mid february.  i thought it
would take at least six months to get a reply from the tax agency, much longer
to receive the actual g.m.h.c. 990.

to my delight, today's mail brought the entire g.m.h.c. 990 file which i had
not seen before.  i was only able to obatin excerpted pages from a reporter
and was committed to eventually reading the full file.  it contains data about
new york specific aids issues that don't make sense to me, but probably will
to any activist in new york.  since this file will not be posted at the
www.accountabilityproject.com website, i am making hard copies of the entire
report available to folks who want it.
i believe the report should be closely analyzed by new yorkers familiar with
that city's aids concerns, and hope there are folks in manhattan interested in
the form.

my costs for copying and shipping it out will be $7 (seven) for each copy.  if
that cost is too high, and you are an activist who will put the document to
good use, then privately email me and i will arrange to supply you with a
copy.  no reasonable request for g.m.h.c.'s 990 will be turned down.  please
mail a check made out to m. petrelis, 2215-R market street, # 413, s.f., ca
94114 and you will receive the 990 within a week's time. 

--mp