Subject: Zap the SF AIDS Office
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:08:55 -0400

PLEASE POST THIS AIDS ACTION NOTICE

   I am waging a one-man crusade to convince the San Francisco AIDS Office to
distribute free penile and anal condoms in the gay bars of the Castro and
South of Market neighborhoods on a continuous basis. Strange as it seems,
with millions of AIDS dollars spent fighting the epidemic here, not a single
condom, penile or anal, is available free in the gay bars.
   I am demanding the SF AIDS Office make both kinds of condoms available
free to gay bars that agree to perpetually make space available for a
container of condoms to be within easy reach of customers. The SF AIDS Office
has a duty to reach out to the bar owners and work with them to ensure safe
sex tools and information are always on the premises.
   I want a condom program implemented by the start of Gay Pride Week,
Monday, June 24. If you agree with the idea that gay AIDS public health
officials ought to provide free penile and anal condoms to the 500,000 queers
expected to invade San Francisco at the end of June, then call, write and/or
fax Gene Copello, director of HIV prevention programs at the SF AIDS Office.
       WHO:          Gene Copello

       ADDRESS:   25 Van Ness Avenue, SF, CA, 94102

       PH#:           415-554-9000

       FAX:            415-431-7547

       WHY:           To demand free condoms be made available to
                       
                          gay bars

    You can also let your favorite gay bar owner and bartender know you want
them to stock free penile and anal condoms in their establishments. Let's
make safe sex fun again, and the norm in gay bars, as if our lives depended
on it, by insisting our institutions and public health officials work
together to help us save our lives. Let's guarantee the SF AIDS Office is
doing all it can to stop the spread of AIDS in the gay community during this
year's gay pride events and celebration in San Francisco.
Michael Petrelis, June 13, 1996.

      FREE PENILE AND ANAL CONDOMS IN SF GAY BARS NOW!